2nd gear acceleration delay

gazbrum

Feb 27, 2009
Birmingham, UK
when i accelerate hard in first then change to 2nd. it takes about 0.5 seconds in second gear to realise its gettin flored then it kicks in. Is this just normal . my self explanitory aint good i know but try to imagine it lol thankyou . gary

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
interesting. theres been a few posts about this flat spot over the last few months dv comes up a bit as a cause/solution however i have a forge split-r on fully recirc (so in essance the same as the 007p i guess) and it still does it. the odd thing is that on the boost guage it seems asif the turbo is still boosting however not much else is happening. i took mine to the dealer for a look and they couldnt identify the problem. and its ONLY on the 1st to 2nd change

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
mine only did it 1st to 2nd as well . maybe you could try borrowing someones 007p to see if it sorts it out . I know your dv is the same in principle but you never know , it may work !

Aug 24, 2007
gazbrum, piece of cake to fit mate :)

Why risk fleabay when one of our forum sponsors will sort you out with a discount price?

Forge, Badger5, etc etc ;)

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
nope... mine did it with a 007, other mods were a cat back exhaust. i fitted an induction kit and popped down to Revo tech and got it stage 1 mapped! needles to say the map Cured it.
I blame stupid fly by wire!
never had the problem since and now upto stage 2! (on standard re-circ atm too.)

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
agreed! get the forge splitter one, its adjustable so you can adjust it pending on state of tune and you can always run it on recirc (£98) on fleabay

there's an apr one (available from awesome gti store) its meant to be pretty good too, its diaphram based and as a result is faster reacting than the piston based items in theory better as you should loose less turbo rpm's??

of course you could always get a launch control set up... a good one will allow flat foot shifting meaning you never come off boost (a good santa-pod toy)

ricky2609

I get a similar problem some times, If a floor mine from stand still in first gear it will just lose power for about half a second jerks the car like if you drop it into low gear going too fast then picks straight back up again and takes off

gazbrum

Feb 27, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Just to give you an update of this . i tryed clicking the TCS button erlier and it seems to be fine now :S witch is strange i thought that was turning the traction control on and would not make a diffrence unless it was already on and when i clicked it its doing the opposite turning it off lol mmm

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.