Fitting LCR fuel pump

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Picked up my LCR fuel pump today and wanting to get it fitted ASAP as i understand it cant damage anything by fitting it before my hybrid and stg3 map go`s on?

My question is apprently to enable the LCR pump to work correctly one of the hoses needs to be blocked off, could anybody explain or even better have a pic of what hose needs to be blocked off? I assume its one under the rear bench but what one?

Cheers.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Sorry to steal your thread Benny but while this thread has got people's attention - I've got an S3 pump so can someone clarify exactly what needs blocking off/modifying for this to work in our cars?

Pics as per below:
P1000390.jpg

P1000381.jpg

P1000385.jpg

P1000387.jpg

I understand HoocH altered one of these for his K04 so any help appreciated, cheers

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
benny i didnt read you had a lcr one. thats a direct fit

s3 one you just gotta block second pick up pipe off

robbiec...your pump aint genuine is it???

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
It's a Pierburg one who I was led to believe are the OE providers of these pumps?

I bought it from Jonesya who said he got it from Alex when he was at TTS, with the intention of fitting it for his Hybrid conversion at the time

So aside from blocking the second pick up pipe off, is that it (i.e. housing is still a straight fit)?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I can't be 100% but when I PM'ed Jonesya he said he asked Alex for an S3/TT fuel pump

Is there any way of telling if I put more pics up?

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Hmmm, in which case I think I'd best call TTS with the Pierburg part # and see if they can advise what car it came from. So in your eyes that looks identical to an LCR pump? Thanks Hooch

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members