is there any fitting guides f forge tip

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
could do with a lil guide how to fit one of these bad boys got one on the way

any help please

There a total nightmare to fit mate but i found the only way to fit the tip over the turbo intake is to use a long piece of wood to gently move the water pipes coming into the car (you will see what i mean when fitting) but it will take 2 people to fit it

some people trim the tip with a stanley blade instead but its your choice which ever way you go

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
such as...

forge make a large range of inlet pipes for different turbos, but they aint gonna produce inlet pipes for aftermarket turbo because who'd buy them.

so it depends on what car you have, and what turbo is fitted

i.e ibiza with a k03s upgrade your best off still getting the tip made for the ibiza, because the k03s isnt much different from the k03. but if you had an AM04/JBS04/k04 turbo then best bet would be buying an S3/LCR inlet pipe

as far as i know, the neuspeed inlet pipes are only made for the k03/k03s

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
so i need to decide if i'm gonna change the turbo, and what turbo or else i could be doing the job twice.

thanks

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yes absolutely

luckily there aren't that many different turbo options, I think even people with ATP eliminators are using S3/LCR inlet pipes. but tbh if you are planning to upgrade, you might as well just fit the TIP with the turbo.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
which tip? Ibiza specific? if your fitting it to the standard turbo it will go straight on. if its going on to a k03s it should still go on, but might need a slight cut at the inlet end.

if u get a forge mk4 Golf tip, it needs about 10-15mm cut at the inlet, but as said you dont want that one

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Mine did, but its simple to trim it anyway, just keep trimming little bits until it fits on.

TBH the only real problem with fitting it, is the fact that there's no space in there, and if poss you could do with someone helping from the top as well as the bottom.

I wouldnt bother with a neuspeed one, the Forge replacement is better than that, anyway!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise