Which boost guages look best

leegt5

May 17, 2006
jambojones10 said:
Here are mine AutoGauge, perfect match, light up red and no rattles or noise:

DSCN2097.jpg

DSCN2103.jpg

Did you spray your gauge pod or buy it that colour ??? As I really want one to match the interior of my car rather than a black or carbon one !!

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Mine (in the pic 1st page) was from Nomad and it came the same colour as the A pillar ;)

Simple to fit by un screwing 2 nuts and popping it back under the other part of the trim :)

May 2, 2006
iv got the same setup as TimD and i can also say these look good at night, still not managed to connect up the oil temp though :( it just sits their all lit up

wattss1

jambojones10 just seen you gauges and think they look really good. I used to have some gauges like these with the diffrent colours which you could set to match the dash but everytime you turned the ignition off and the back on again they always returned to there first colour, so you had to change it every time you got into the car ???. Do you have the same problems with your gauges. (no memory)
Also intrested in what oil temps you see . . .. average/hard driving?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Jambo, care to post the PM as I'd like to know if thats the case or have you got a way around it before I go buy a gauge. Already got the Autometer Phantom but am looking into an Autogauge 7 Colour due to the way they light up.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
graig ive got a very similar gauge to the one youre talking about, it was in the car less than a month before buying a quality gauge (autometer) the cheapo gauges tick and are noisey in use, autometer and other decent makes dont as they are better dampened.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Yeh I had the Autometer Sports Comps in the 1.6 Sport, and now have a Phantom Boost Guage in the Cupra... However thinking of buying some Autometer Ultra-Lites both oil pressure and temp plus a boost guage.

jambojones10

Oct 17, 2005
Ive had both expensive: (Stewart Warner gauges) and cheaper gauges: (AutoGauge) and there was no difference. I preferred the look of the AuoGauge so went for them in the end
The 7 colour gauges can store the colour you set just wire either the yellow or orange wire to the permanent 12v source

May 2, 2006
im running the autometer ultralite, the 52mm ones, look good, light up good as well, pretty much a mach for your dials in your dash (possible a tiny bit dimmer)

Also, if you wire them up to your dimmer switch it will work on the gauges as well

leegt5

May 17, 2006
Heres a pic of my Boost and Oil Pressure gauges I installed at the weekend !!

gauges.jpg

May 2, 2006
leegt5 said:
Heres a pic of my Boost and Oil Pressure gauges I installed at the weekend !!

gauges.jpg

where did you connect sender for the oil pressure ????

Iv heard alot of people have had problems fitting, hence why i went for the oil trmp and not pressure

leegt5

May 17, 2006
I havent wired that one up yet but I will be going in the blanking nut next to the dipstick all going well !!

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
leegt5 said:
I havent wired that one up yet but I will be going in the blanking nut next to the dipstick all going well !!

Where do u get the blanking plate ?

Im going to be getting boost and oil temp guage this week and need to know how to connect the temp guage up.

cheers

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Would this apply to the Leon Cupra R' aswell ?

Edit: Read guide was great help, looks like its no prob on my LCR.

Thanks

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.