• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Weird problem including G85 steering angle sensor.Need help.

Oct 24, 2024
Hello everyone.
This is my first time taking part on a internet forum.

My problem is following:
I drive 2005. Ibiza 6L.Recently when turning to the left the ABS light comes on,exclamation point light with buzzing comes on and i lose power steering.This lasts just for few seconds.Problem is not constant it is intermittent.
I have scaned the vehicle using VCDS,and i get code 00778-G85 sensor-No communication.
This code presents itself in the 09-Cent.elects. and 19-CAN gateway.
44-Steering assist and 03-ABS Brakes show no fault.
I have tried to do basic setting but I can not find security acess code for Steering assist.VW ones i found on web dont work.
When I enter Basic settings without code,all groups and fields show error or no data.
In 44-steering assist-measuring blocks-I belive group 02-steering angular velocity(degrees per second) shows zero when i stop turning steering wheel regardless of its position,is this ok?
Also while turning the steering wheel shown value is not linear it jumps,for example while i am turning fully to the right value shows 15,then156,then 243,the 67,it is random numbers.Regardless of the side i turn to,left or right,value is always positive,and it always shows zero when i stop turning the wheel.

I have checked all the fuses and they are good,car battery voltage is ok.

Does anyone have any suggestions,when it comes to solving the problem?

I appologise in advance for grammar mistakes and typos,english is not my native language.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.