• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Weird click noise on braking?

getmealemon

Hi all, my 55 plate ibiza cupra tdi makes a single click noise when i brake - not everytime but at least 50% of the time. It has recently had new pads and discs and the performance appears to be fine. Any ideas what that could be?

getmealemon

Er dunno, it was done at a local garage. I've probably left it too long to take back and query so will have to wait till i have the money to have it looked at.

getmealemon

Adjay - the noise does appear to be coming from the front. Was that an expensive job?

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
One way to see if it is the wishbone, is leave it out of gear but handbrake on then go to front wheels then try to hold wheel and move it as you would to spin it even though its on the ground. if you got movement the bush is gone its usually the wishbone rear bush,the bigger bush cos there is one on the front of wishbone also. It did not cost me much I put in polyurathen bushes from powerflex payed €56. you have to take off wishbone and knock out the bush I did it with a air chisel. but a bearing press is the best option. The powerflex bushes just fit in and clamp in which is handy. no need to press them in like the original.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Cupras shouldn't have the common bush problems because they are solid as standard. My guess would be that the garage has put the spring shims back on the wrong way round

davidz8855

Feb 20, 2020
Hello, i have the same clicking noise from the front brakes. I have seat ibiza 2019 1.0 engine.. the pads are like after 15000km.. have you managed to fix this issue ..?

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)