Weight difference Cupra 180 and FR 150

Mad max

Hi

Can any one help, I am looking to up my power to weight ratio in my Ibiza Cupra 180 and I notice the FR 150 is near 95kg lighter than the Cupra but the two cars looks the same.

Does any one know where the extra weight is? I know the 180 has a bigger inter-cooler and breaks, but that can not be adding that much weight.

Any ideas, as I have calculated that by removing around 95kg my cars power to weight ratio will increase by around 20 –25 bhp

If you have any ideas please say, thanks.:think:

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Where did you get the figures from? I think most websites have the figures for the diesel and petrol Cupra mixed up. So its probably the diesel cupra that has the extra 95 kg if that makes sense.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i honestly dont think its possible to have a difference of 95kg. lets take things into account, the chassis's are the same the only big difference is the engines, but there cant possibly be that different, not weight wise anyways. and as for brakes etc. i dont reckon it would add to 95kg, those figures seem well out

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
the OP is on about the 1.8 20vt engine.

after looking at Parkers.co.uk I'll have to agree with eb20vt, don't trust the figures the websites give you. they're all mixed up.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise