Washer pump gone help

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone I think my washer pump has gone. No sound coming at all. Has happened intermittently before but seem to clear itself. Fuse seems ok, did notice washer reservoir was completely empty which wouldnt have helped. I have scanned the car with no fault code on the pump showing. I just wondered if anyone could help with a part number for the pump so I can order and how easy are they to replace. Instructions would be most appreciated, can you replace it without taking the wheel off? Thanks so much everyone.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I don’t mean to insult, have you tried putting fluid in if it’s empty, and trying it? I know you’ve said you can’t hear the pump activating.

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi mate hope your well no insult at all It was completely empty and filled up last night but only had chance to check this morning and there is no difference mate. Normally though you would still here the pump when your washer is low though wouldnt you ? Thanks mate

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Yeah, you would. Sounds like pumps failed. And you’ve said the fuse is okay, so it’s not that. Looks like it’s a relatively cheape part, £5-30 on Autodoc.

This may help:

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184

Cainy1989

Jan 11, 2019
Given that you might need to replace the pump you could retrofit the low level sensor while you're at it, I don't know why these all didn't come with one! Check the fuse for it first before you go ordering parts - Fuse 19 in the engine bay

Edit - sorry I missed the part about the fuse

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Given that you might need to replace the pump you could retrofit the low level sensor while you're at it, I don't know why these all didn't come with one! Check the fuse for it first before you go ordering parts - Fuse 19 in the engine bay

Thanks mate I could see a setting on obd and when I turned it on it kept saying washer level low so obviously like you say it doesnt have it. Any idea what involved to add this sensor mate ? Cheers again

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Update randomly started working again I can only assume it was because the water level was low but will keep an eye on it and see what happens. Cheers everyone

Reactions: H Rafiq

Jason2023

Jul 13, 2023

Sorry to mug this post re you comment on the low level sensor do you know if it can it be be done on a preface lift Leon ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.