Vortex Exhaust - Opinions Please! NOW WITH VIDEOS!

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
http://www.vortex-performance-exhausts.co.uk/

They sounds pretty nice. Use to see a fiat coupe around who had one fitted. Totally silent until full chat.. sounded lush!!

apart from the sound benefits it also helps reduce emissions
vchart4.gif

i've done a forum search and to my surprise there isn't one thread about them..

do you lot know something i dont? should i steer clear?

just wanted some opinions... they do have some bad rep on land rover and mini forums however its all talk from the nay sayers and no proof why it wouldnt work.

thanks!

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As Milltek, Piper and Blueflame designed systems specifically for the individual Seat models on SCN's cars, so most tend to stick to these companies.
They also give us everything we need out of exhausts and with Piper and Milltek you get great customer service
Why do you care about emissions?
With the Piper and Milltek 200 CELL race CAT systems you will have no bother with MOT BUT there has been a few casulties with the Blueflame systems.

Neg.

May 11, 2007
Bristol
I read it was mapped, under the ECU heading.

Yeah just saw that, cheers. I still dont like the results as they could have done anything to that car, not just changed the exhaust and then still claim it was down to the exhaust.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Only on the self learning skyline did it make 8bhp.

The prioce is crazy to looking at the list you can get a whole system for the price of this back box, well, plus a fiver.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I wonder if all the mpg claims are made because people are too scared to touch the throttle. Sounds rediculous

jamiebennett81

Sounds horrific to me. :doh:

Those figures say after being mapped too though, they are fudging the results to try and say it's the exhaust gains.

thats what I thought

sounds very tractorish on tick over

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members