• Other Please supply with details

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I will go for uniform 225/40/R18. However, many friends of mine are using 225 with 7.5J for the front wheels and 245 with 8.5J for the rear wheels. Many say that the difference helps the undrsteer not to be so present. I prefer to play only with the ET, I said I'll go for 35, instead of 51 (OEM). Usually, the tyre dimension must be found in the car's documents, so be careful and do not risk too much. (like it was stated above with the insurance etc.)

I think ET35 will stick out too much. I believe ET45 is the limit.

nickydobreanu

I think ET35 will stick out too much. I believe ET45 is the limit.

You are right, Dan! For Leon 1 P, TopGear recommended me a min. ET of 42mm. I will go for 35 anyway, it looks more aggressive on one hand, is more stable on the other hand. Plus, using coulovers, I can select the stiffness of the suspension. A friend of mine uses 20mm Sparco Spacers, so this would mean ET51 - 20 = 31mm and nothing happened to him. Cheers!

eddiel34

Jan 14, 2008
I'm changing my dunlops for Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. I've 8500mls on them and the rears are fine.

It was pointed out to me that if I just do two at a time and the fronts are more grippy than the rears then handling will be affected with a more pronounced understeer.

Sounds as if there would be some truth in it. Anyone wanting my rear dunlops are welcome if your in the area. Rough guess they have a good 5mm plus on them.

nickydobreanu

I was told the same thing when I went for Winter tyres only in the front. Ideally, yes, have them all the same, it's better. The ABS also might go crazy if different friction coefficients occur. It depend mainly on your driving style, if you are not so much of a boy racer, you shouldn't worry.

Poverty

I'm changing my dunlops for Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. I've 8500mls on them and the rears are fine.

It was pointed out to me that if I just do two at a time and the fronts are more grippy than the rears then handling will be affected with a more pronounced understeer.

Sounds as if there would be some truth in it. Anyone wanting my rear dunlops are welcome if your in the area. Rough guess they have a good 5mm plus on them.

dont you mean oversteer? :shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.