turbo/supercharger's intercooler's for the 1.4 16V model ?

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
anyone know if its possible to get turbo/supercharger's intercooler's for the 1.4 16V model links appreciated plus prices if any are known

p.s. would i also need a remap to get this working correctly?

cheers

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
why not just get a cupra mate be much more worth it in the end after the cost of doing a turbo conversion on the 1.4 plus you wouldnt get that much more power for your money really.

Mat

anyone know if its possible to get turbo/supercharger's intercooler's for the 1.4 16V model links appreciated plus prices if any are known

cheers

BTW: is yours a Mk4? Mk3 1.4 are only 8v

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex

cheers

oh and yes you would need a remap to get it working.

plus lots and lots of other things.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent

cheers

yes i have just the thing HERE or, THIS ?

i think they will work pretty well

or

Go buy a saxo and get a uni fit back box for it as we all know they add like 100 bhp

Mat

on a serious note though, I think he has a Mk4.

What Reg/Year is your car mate?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just seen a 1.0 16v polo turbocharged running alcohol spin the rollers at 265 bhp so yes ANYthing is possible ,just be warned though t_higgs if you are after some simple bolt on upgrade power it will be neither easy cheap or reliable :)

there is so far no bolt on kits you can get - it will all have to be custom made and fitted and tested and involve a lot of research

the 1.4 16v for a bit extra personally i would look at throttle bodies but again much the same problem

nothing is impossible mind - just a sliding scale of time/money/skill

don't mind the mockers though they are just trying to be realistic

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
just seen a 1.0 16v polo turbocharged running alcohol spin the rollers at 265 bhp so yes ANYthign is possible

just be warned though t_higgs if you are after some simple bolt on upgrade power it will be neither easy cheap or reliable :)

there is so far no bolt on kits you can get - it will all have to be custom made and fitted and tested and involve a lot of research

the 1.4 16v for a bit extra personally i would look at throttle bodies but again much the same problem

nothing is impossible mind - just a sliding scale of time/money/skill

as above... or remove the engine and shoe horn a massive lump in to the bay ;)

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
i was under the impression that the S model 1.4's were 16V as im 19 i cant really afford a cupra insurance wise still in education i just wanted to know if it was possible to add the above bits if i could afford them, ithink it'll just have to be an induction and exhaust job now then from what i have read plus money issues---only work in a supermarket :p

o yea mk3 2001 model for mats info

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
19 and insured with a cupra R, fair enough i'm in full time employment.

As above the conversion will cost more than the insurance, how you going to insure a 1.4 turbo?

have you though about brakes etc?

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
thanks lads

thanks for all the info guys,

just wondered if it would be possible to add those things to my car
the cupra insurance for me £3500 with my ncd :(

ah well ill have to think of another hairbrained plan now :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.