Toyos or PZero Nero

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Well the title says it all. My car currently has Pzero Nero's and theyre rather noisey IMO. I'm looking at this from the point of veiw of performance cost and durability. I dont tend to give it beans all the while so rarely spin the tyres.

Do people have preference opinion, experience of these or maybe suggest other tyres (not goodyears folks don't wanna replace my tyres twice a year :))

These are the two that I have found from searching the forums but theres also falkens which appear frequently.

H

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Really, having alook on review sites and the goodyears were the worst tyres for quick wear, looks like i may have dodge a bullet with that then.

Pzero's here we come.

H

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Of those 2 I'd say Toyo, but I'd still recommend the Stunner Scudo tyres that I have, they are the cheap Michelin brand, ok so it's one generation behind the current high performance stuff from Michelin but they still provide more than enough grip to cope with the torque of a fettled TDi but at a fraction of the price. (Being one generation behind the current crop still puts them out as being the performance tyres from Michelin from when we got the Mk4 Ibiza Cupra). They are also scarily well balanced like Michelin stuff.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I changed my P Zeros for Toyo T1-S the other week.

The grip from them in wet and dry is excellent, as good as the Pirellis, however they are a fast wearer and they reflect this in the price. I managed to get 9k out of the front P Zeros, and I got 8k out of my last set of Toyos, so theres not a lot of difference really!

alex2020mk

go for the PZero Nero...All TOYO tires have very soft walls...i have the SportMAX in 205/40-17.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
yes agreed toyos to have very soft walls mine are quite bad after like 2k miles I do take cornors quick though

Poverty

Michelin pilot sports are meant to be really good.

Ive got eagle f1's and they grip so much. Love them!

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i will be interested to see how quickly my parada 2's wear out, I'm told they're soft

i try not to cain acceleration but basingstoke has a lot of roundabouts

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
Kumho (or is it Kuhmo?) Ecsta SPT KU31's are good tyres and great value.

I had them on my Fiesta and they wore well. Lot less power and torque though so not sure how well they would wear on the Ibiza. They grip really well in wet and dry and I don't remember them being 'noisy'.
I'm gonna get 4 of these soon (I am currently trying to eke the last bits of rubber out of my current tyres) so will update as I get more experience of them.

If you want tyres that last get some Fortuna F2000's. They are cheap rubbish that the bloke I bought my car off put on prior to me picking the car up (as the fronts were past the wear indicators). They have managed at least 22k miles now, but don't really grip to well. (Actually, don't even consider them. They are cak).
I am hoping a change in tyres will improve the grip levels of the front of my car. At the moment, I reckon my old Fiesta (Mk3 Si) would give my Ibiza a run for it's money on some real twisty roads.

Aimez

mine came with michelen radicals i think they are called, bit expensive thou had to get one after a puncture but the tyres seem goodto me. This is after coming from yokohamas on my fiesta that lasted ages even with the constant wheelspin in the wet issue on the fiesta!

Last edited:

Mr Max

i had my p-zero's on for 2 months and they need replaced, they dont wear that greatly (obviously) but the grip like sh1t to a blanket