thought my turbo had blown!

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
yo room i got a seat ibiza fr tdi got it remmaped to 185 and was driving today got a bang and car lost all powered was as if turbo had ran off and left me coodn't see out my back window for smoke lol and every1 was flashiong at me and beeping horn:wtf: , now found out my hose at turbo and intercooler keep popping off wtf u can just pull it off with no effort and all the clips and that are worn put it on ramp and cable tied it all up any1else had this problem?? any1 no where to buy silicon hoses to take the massive pressure the car will b puttin in the hoses??

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
yup, my brother had exactly the same problem and his pd130 sport is standard

dealers fitted all new hoses from the turbo to the top of the intercooler under warranty

they said that the bill would have bean about 80 quid inc half an hour labour

loads of smoke when I saw him on his way home, it filled the street
and it sounded like the zorst had come off after a loud pop

hope that helps
[B)]

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I use hoses like this one (from Allards) and marine grade clips. The bends are rated to 3 bar, and the clips EIGHT. :D Funnily enough I've had no hose popping issues - even the one in this pic which is held by a jubilee clip instead.

EGR.jpg

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
I use hoses like this one (from Allards) and marine grade clips. The bends are rated to 3 bar, and the clips EIGHT. :D Funnily enough I've had no hose popping issues - even the one in this pic which is held by a jubilee clip instead.

EGR.jpg

Im very tempted with this mate, however whats it like without the anti-shudder valve. Does the engine rattle around much on startup and shutdown?

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
well it wasn't good lost all power instanstly went from all power to literally none, how much did the clips and hoses cost?? u upgraded anything else along with the hoses m8??

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Im very tempted with this mate, however whats it like without the anti-shudder valve. Does the engine rattle around much on startup and shutdown?

Not really - definitely the same on startup, ASV is there only for shutdown I think - I reckon it's now got used to the fact there's no ASV and I don't feel anything when I turn off. Plus it sounds kind of "different" for the engine to kind of shut down in a "bub-bub-bub" way - if that makes sense - makes heads turn. :D

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
jubilee clips are a must,,, had a hose blowing off on saturday at the beginning of a bit of a trip down southern italy and if it wasn't for a garage that I found on the way that gave me one I'd still be there,,, the original clip is a b*tch to put in place and it won't hold if there's a bit of oil in the hose.

btw asv is only used at shutdown afaik and when I managed to break its actuator I just couldn't stand the engine shaking so much when turning it off,,, devonutopia always says his is ok,,, mine was awful and had to repair it asap cos it wasn't beareable,,, :shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.