The Good Old Dump Valve Debate....Put To Rest?

flashbsd

Craig Senior said:
If you want a whoosh get this...........

wotsits.jpg

'cos you only get a whoosh with a wotsit. :thumbup:

I thought everyone knew that :hide:

thats "really cheesy"! :roflmao:

Badja

Flippin eck strike!!!!..... Talk about getting yourself noticed fella. PMSL!!!! :rolleyes:

Hope it works out for you matey. It did deffo sound nice the other day when we were at Asda fella. :) I suppose with stuff like this only time will tell.

Martin CUK

CruisinUK.com
Jul 13, 2004
NW
www.cruisinuk.com
I've got the same Bailey's on mine at the moment. Only done a few hundred miles on it, and it 'drives' fine, just like it used to. Obviously what's going on inside is another question, but I was curious. A friend of mine had one spare so we tried it out, but I'll be taking it off.

Basically the only way you can actually run an atmospheric DV is to change the ECU so it's running a MAP instead a MAF, so it can adjust the fuelling. I know of Golf's/TT's that run BOVs but they run DTA management so it's not a problem. I also got told that the standard VW/AUdi 1.8T ECU's are different to the SEAT ones.

Strike, if you're getting a FMIC off A&M i'd get their CAI as well and put the recirc on, as this will sound just as good. :)

Martin CUK

CruisinUK.com
Jul 13, 2004
NW
www.cruisinuk.com
Can't remember who it was, but I'm sure it was on a thread on here too... :confused:

Take you say that's not correct then. I believed it as I've seen plenty of Mk4 Golf's 1.8T's with atmos DV's, there was a few at VW Festival the other month. The blue one in Performance VW this month also runs one, and there was one at Tatton Park this weekend. :confused:

andycupra

status subject to change
im confused.... the title of this thread is:

"The Good Old Dump Valve Debate....Put To Rest?"

which way?

on one hand you say its been working fine, then in another sentence say you have been advised you need to be the lucky 1 in a 100 for it to work...

so what are you sayig exactly?

Shock_Xe

The Seat Ibiza ECU is more 'Fiddly' has more safety features than other Vag ECU's was sort of a prototype. So even less likely to work. Ive been on this site for 3/4 years and as Mork and other guys said, Its been tried and tested many times over many years ago.

I myself have tried it, Tried to GFB hybrid valves and HKS valve. Didnt work. Also know a local guy who ran a bailey and thought it was fine, Until he started eating lambda probes due to overfueling.

Plus I bet if you take it off and put stock one on you Will notice reduced lag, quicker spool and goes better between gears. One of those things u notice when u take it off

LNeves

Orangina
Feb 7, 2005
And another whoshy DV thread that hits over 20 posts ! Amazing !
I wonder what's left to explain.

Strike

It's been a while but FYI I ran it for several years after this thread was started without any issues.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise