• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Tailgate not opening

Aug 28, 2024
Hi all

Hope you're having a good evening.

I'm having an issue with the tailgate of my Formentor. Basically, it's not opening! Unlocking the car normally and then pressing the tailgate release button....and......nothing, doesn't open.

Listening to the switch, you can hear it trying to do something but it's not a strong audible 'click' you'd usually get from a switch......sounds like it's failed/failing.

Anyone had the same issue, and any idea if it's going to need a new switch or indeed something else to fix it.

No fault codes logged!

many thanks in advance.

Mark.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
OK, I don't know that. I personally only recommend obd11 or VCP or VCDS for vag. I can't help you with your tool. Basically it's about observing the current live values. When the button is pressed to unlock, the bcm has to recognize that. Then check what the current status of the bcm is, whether the lock is locked or open, etc.

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well something similar I experienced when had 2020 Audi Q3 from new. It won't open and faint motor sound.
Sometimes it would unlock half of the locking mechanism.
Then rear camera wont work.
Had to go inside boot from rear seats and unlock it fully using emergency unlocking procedure.
Then close it manually.
Motor had to be replaced under warranty.
Since this is also VAG I guess it would be similar setup.

Reactions: cairus and Tell
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members