Tail lights upgrade

rohank99

Mar 28, 2024
How simple is it to upgrade from halogen to LED taillights? Is it a case of unplugging one and plugging in the other or is there more work to it. Looking to upgrade mine and get the nicer looking LED taillights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Not as easy as that - you will need to run extra wires down from the high level brake light to each of the new outer, body mounted LED light clusters as the wire for the brake lights is missing in the halogen units. You will then have to go into the configuration settings of the light clusters (address 09 central electronics) with VCDS or similar and reconfigure each light allocation to LED rather than standard bulbs

rohank99

Mar 28, 2024
Not as easy as that - you will need to run extra wires down from the high level brake light to each of the new outer, body mounted LED light clusters as the wire for the brake lights is missing in the halogen units. You will then have to go into the configuration settings of the light clusters (address 09 central electronics) with VCDS or similar and reconfigure each light allocation to LED rather than standard bulbs

Have you done this process before? How hard was it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise