• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Tail Lights on along with Running Lights

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
Has anyone found out if the Cupra dealer can programme the Tail lights to come on with the Running lights? My Peugeot 3008 had that set up and it would be nice to have that on the Formentor. I see more car manufactures having this set up, and as the Formentor has coast to coast tail lights, it would show them off, plus in my opinion it is good safety feature! I have asked my dealer but still waiting for them to reply.

Reactions: Cvpra and Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Has anyone found out if the Cupra dealer can programme the Tail lights to come on with the Running lights? My Peugeot 3008 had that set up and it would be nice to have that on the Formentor. I see more car manufactures having this set up, and as the Formentor has coast to coast tail lights, it would show them off, plus in my opinion it is good safety feature! I have asked my dealer but still waiting for them to reply.
I find myself often turning on my tail lights when I get in the car. Wouldn't be bothered if they were just your average kind but like you say they look so damn sexy it's a waste not to use them.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
My 2015 Leon did not. I think this is region or redesign specific.
But I don't think they did them in 2015 so that's why you did not have them, but the OP was in the UK so we are all in the same Country , but the reason they are doing it, is when they first started with the DRL's people had front lights but none on the rear and with a lot of dashes lighting up with the ign then people were driving round with no rear lights

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
But I don't think they did them in 2015 so that's why you did not have them, but the OP was in the UK so we are all in the same Country , but the reason they are doing it, is when they first started with the DRL's people had front lights but none on the rear and with a lot of dashes lighting up with the ign then people were driving round with no rear lights
It had normal LED DRL lights and rear LED lights as well. Daytime running lights were just the fronts, rears did not light up.

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
Resurrecting an old thread but I’m guessing the likes of OBD haven’t modded this function?

Cupra missed a trick here with their, not so much now, signature rear lights. Other manufacturers have been doing for ages.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
An OBD-11 App is available for that.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 05.34.14.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 05.34.14.png
    397.5 KB · Views: 70
Jun 22, 2024
Hi This feature is called 'Scandinavian DRL's' I have activated in on my Ibiza using the CARISTA App. Its generally available on ALL VAG vehicles. Done it on several family SEAT and VW cars.

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
Yh I thought this was write protected or something, can’t remember the terminology for it but basically it was a locked feature?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Yh I thought this was write protected or something, can’t remember the terminology for it but basically it was a locked feature?
On modern MQB Platform cars VW Has SFD Protection, in simple terms to unlock the control unit you have to get a passkey from VW Servers. Both OBD11 and Carista do that but currently VCDS is still building it.

Secondly VW have updated the firmware (On Some 2024 Models mainly Audi currently) because of GSR Cyber security requirements but the user community has called it SFD2 and this is still work in progress

On some cars the front lights are not open for coding but from memory they have separate control units

And then there are functions that VAG dont want you to be able to code so they are only able to be updated via purchase of software license (eg money to VAG)

As far as I am aware (and always happy to be wrong Scandi Lights are still easy to do using OBD11/CARISTA

Aug 2, 2024
On modern MQB Platform cars VW Has SFD Protection, in simple terms to unlock the control unit you have to get a passkey from VW Servers. Both OBD11 and Carista do that but currently VCDS is still building it.

Secondly VW have updated the firmware (On Some 2024 Models mainly Audi currently) because of GSR Cyber security requirements but the user community has called it SFD2 and this is still work in progress

On some cars the front lights are not open for coding but from memory they have separate control units

And then there are functions that VAG dont want you to be able to code so they are only able to be updated via purchase of software license (eg money to VAG)

As far as I am aware (and always happy to be wrong Scandi Lights are still easy to do using Snake aim tool download OBD11/CARISTA
The reason for the current cybersecurity investment stems from historical issues when the Digital Road Lights (DRLs) were first introduced. Initially, vehicles were equipped with front lights but lacked rear lights, leading to numerous instances where drivers ended up with no rear lighting at all due to various dashboard alerts and ignition issues. This lack of proper rear illumination posed a significant safety risk, highlighting the need for improved regulations and technology to ensure that all lighting systems function correctly.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
The reason for the current cybersecurity investment stems from historical issues when the Digital Road Lights (DRLs) were first introduced. Initially, vehicles were equipped with front lights but lacked rear lights, leading to numerous instances where drivers ended up with no rear lighting at all due to various dashboard alerts and ignition issues. This lack of proper rear illumination posed a significant safety risk, highlighting the need for improved regulations and technology to ensure that all lighting systems function correctly.
Whilst I agree with you, they are also down to UN Regulations to stop bad actors (and not B Movies) from breaking into the car using OTA and OBD2 connections.

Following is a comment from OBD11

Hello,
Thank you for contacting the OBDeleven team.
We would like to inform you that the new Volkswagen Group (VAG) models from 2024 have been equipped with updated security features, as outlined in the UNECE R155 and R156 regulations.

These measures have been put in place to protect the car's software, particularly during over-the-air (OTA) updates. This added layer of protection, also known as "SFD2," ensures that the car's control units are safeguarded from unauthorized access.

VEDI

May 14, 2023
An OBD-11 App is available for that.
Excellent, I had no idea this was already available!

Just waiting on the option to permanently disable stop/start in comfort mode and I'll be golden.

AlperUtkuCeylan

Mar 6, 2024
Hi This feature is called 'Scandinavian DRL's' I have activated in on my Ibiza using the CARISTA App. Its generally available on ALL VAG vehicles. Done it on several family SEAT and VW cars.
I have ibiza with halogen taillight, would it be harmful for me to turn on this feature?

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Can confirm its possible. Dealerships probably cant though 😂 I have coded my formentor to have rear lights on always. Instructions are in stickied OBDeleven thread in here

Sep 15, 2023

As far as I am aware (and always happy to be wrong Scandi Lights are still easy to do using OBD11/CARISTA. Looking to Rent an apartment in Dbayeh? This area offers a mix of modern living with beautiful views of the Mediterranean. Rental prices vary depending on the size and location, but you can generally find something that fits your budget. Make sure to consider the proximity to essential amenities and transportation options. If you need assistance, local real estate agents can provide valuable insights and help you navigate the rental process.
Does anyone know if the rear lights can be reprogrammed to come on with the front LED running lights?

This daft idea of having front running lights and dashboard lights on but no rear lights is dangerous in low light conditions.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise