Sports cat/DP on otherwise stock Cupra 300

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Evening all,

I've done a load of searching and googling but had no luck in my research. I'm curious to know what sort of power and torque increases would be gained by moving to a sports cat (with stock cat back) compared to all stock exhaust.

I know there'd be slightly quicker spool of the turbo due to lower back pressure but does anyone have figures to show gains?

I'm guessing at around 7-10bhp, just off the top of my head :)

Editing to add this is for a non-GPF car.

Last edited:

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Evening all,

I've done a load of searching and googling but had no luck in my research. I'm curious to know what sort of power and torque increases would be gained by moving to a sports cat (with stock cat back) compared to all stock exhaust.

I know there'd be slightly quicker spool of the turbo due to lower back pressure but does anyone have figures to show gains?

zero as torque and horsepower is limted and controlled by ecu. Only mod that will give you real gains without a remap is premium fuel as the ecu will advance timing etc.

Reactions: csd_19 and mty12345

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Evening all,

Do it then remap and you will see gains.

Reactions: mty12345

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
zero as torque and horsepower is limted and controlled by ecu. Only mod that will give you real gains without a remap is premium fuel as the ecu will advance timing etc.
Ah yes of course, ecu is aiming for a set boost pressure so it'll do the same regardless of what exhaust is fitted.

The only noticeable change should be a drop in the wastegate duty cycle with the lower back pressure - won't need to work it as hard to make the target boost 👍

Reactions: Mo_86
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.