spoilt 4 choice? bmc or dymatwist

cupraA1

wats ups. im kinda new to the modding ting. finking of adding a closed air induction kit but duno whether to go 4 the bmc or dynatwist. i dont fink they make a dierct fit 1 but i shud b able 2 mod the pipe shouldnt i??? got a 1.4 seat ibiza 2001. If any 1 cud help please

Thanks.

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
What about a mk3 cupra then. I use to have a BMC pannel filter and then changed to the BMC CDA and i felt a little loss of power :shrug: , i might be paranoid but im not at all happy with the BMC filter?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
there was another thread today asking about what filter, but Martyn's sticky at the top of the mk3 section covers everything you need to know about the most popular air filters

at the end of the day its just an air filter, VERY minimal gains regardless of what anyone says. I had a dynatwist, sold it and now i run a 40quid piece of kit which might not have the greatest flow capability but others that have the same kit probably would agree that value for money its the best piece of kit around

and you get a wooooooooooooosh too (on a turbo)

some air filters are just blinged up so they seem worth the extortionate price tag

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I thought the BMC was horse ****, knocked me down about 8g/s compared to the dynatwist, which still isnt as good as my jetex open cone.

But for a 1.4, i'd smooth the box, ;) panel filter and a decent cold air feed.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.