Speakers stop working after a while

Aug 1, 2024
Hi all,

I have bought a used Seat Leon 1M1. It's my first car, and I'm trying to fix everything by hand that needs to be fixed. I found that sometimes my speakers stop producing sound after a while, although the radio continues to recognize and display what should be playing.

I have no idea what could be causing this, but I want to find out.

The radio recognizes what should be playing, whether it's via Bluetooth or radio frequency. All four speakers work, but they appear a bit worn out (I took the panels off to check). It seems that if I play the music loudly, the sound cuts out faster.

If anyone has experienced this problem, I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks, everyone.

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there.

Same problem here some years ago with front speakers. Mine were quite worn out on the rubber circle around. Installed new ones and everything went fine.
Are you using the original radio or an aftermarket one? I would suggest to use another cheap or borrowed speaker just to see if it cuts anyway. That way you can rule out a radio malfunction because its weird ALL four speakers cut out at the same time. Also see the speakers connections plug on the back of the radio.

Best regards.

Aug 1, 2024
Hi there.

Same problem here some years ago with front speakers. Mine were quite worn out on the rubber circle around. Installed new ones and everything went fine.
Are you using the original radio or an aftermarket one? I would suggest to use another cheap or borrowed speaker just to see if it cuts anyway. That way you can rule out a radio malfunction because its weird ALL four speakers cut out at the same time. Also see the speakers connections plug on the back of the radio.

Best regards.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I ended up solving the problem by using the speakers. When I bought the car, it hadn’t been used for a while, but now that I’m driving it daily, I’m working on fixing all the issues as they come up.

Reactions: Battoussai
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.