SOS Error

Jun 8, 2024
Just caught up on all 16 pages!
Last Summer (Aug 23) I purchased an Apr 21 Cupra Leon VZ3 e-Hybrid Estate . After a couple of weeks got round to setting up profile as Primary User and the Cupra App etc, after which I too endured the double clicking and occasional SOS warning (which usually disappeared after parking and restarting the car. It really was a bad time to get involved with returning for investigation , and given i wasn't particularly bothered with the profile (as car is shared with partner), I deleted it, and was happy to drive as a 'Guest' going forward.

However, I'm now trying to switch energy supplier to one with smart overnight charging(Octopus Intelligent Go) , it seems I must be set up with the profile and minimum privacy as it needs to know location of car when plugged it at the home charger. So having reconfigured my profile, unsurprisingly, the double clicking and occasional SOS alarm has returned, and I've not yet been able to successfully configure/enable the test charge (which I accept is separate subject, though possibly linked to latest update?)

System info says my Software reports it is 1899

I'm obviously out of any warranty, so with all the updates people have mentioned, am I in a position to request/expect latest update without a fee, and would/should it resolve the ongoing clicking/SOS problem?

Any guidance would be appreciate, I wont claim to be all knowledgeable. Other than this issue I really enjoy the car, having ended up with 1 week to choose and buy one after redundancy(losing my VW estate/hybrid company car) and still wanted that estate/hybrid combination. Choices locally were very limited at the time, but I'm more than happy with it, just need to sort this issue
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Just caught up on all 16 pages!
Last Summer (Aug 23) I purchased an Apr 21 Cupra Leon VZ3 e-Hybrid Estate . After a couple of weeks got round to setting up profile as Primary User and the Cupra App etc, after which I too endured the double clicking and occasional SOS warning (which usually disappeared after parking and restarting the car. It really was a bad time to get involved with returning for investigation , and given i wasn't particularly bothered with the profile (as car is shared with partner), I deleted it, and was happy to drive as a 'Guest' going forward.

However, I'm now trying to switch energy supplier to one with smart overnight charging(Octopus Intelligent Go) , it seems I must be set up with the profile and minimum privacy as it needs to know location of car when plugged it at the home charger. So having reconfigured my profile, unsurprisingly, the double clicking and occasional SOS alarm has returned, and I've not yet been able to successfully configure/enable the test charge (which I accept is separate subject, though possibly linked to latest update?)

System info says my Software reports it is 1899

I'm obviously out of any warranty, so with all the updates people have mentioned, am I in a position to request/expect latest update without a fee, and would/should it resolve the ongoing clicking/SOS problem?

Any guidance would be appreciate, I wont claim to be all knowledgeable. Other than this issue I really enjoy the car, having ended up with 1 week to choose and buy one after redundancy(losing my VW estate/hybrid company car) and still wanted that estate/hybrid combination. Choices locally were very limited at the time, but I'm more than happy with it, just need to sort this issue
Thanks in advance

Your infotainment software is out of date, 1969 is the latest. It's likely your telematics module (and many others) also have updates outstanding

Reactions: Gary B and Tell

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
Your infotainment software is out of date, 1969 is the latest. It's likely your telematics module (and many others) also have updates outstanding
As I understand it this acknowledged software fault with the infotainment system does now have a curative software update. It’s available free on demand from a Seat dealer. It seemed to work for me, but by then the poor battery mileage, the exclusive touchscreen controls and the infotainment nonsense did it for me so I moved to an Ateca which is fantastic!

Tell

Staff member
The Ateca is indeed fantastic but it's probably the telematics module and firmware. The early fault which it took a time to fix and Seat was at the end of the queue in the Vag group it was the telematics module. The previous owner was probably making do and not getting it fixed. It got around that if you cloaked your car it didn't beep but the upshot was in never got a firmware update installed online via connect services. The fudge wasn't the fix, the fix was to get the dealer to sort it out in warranty.

Aug 8, 2024
Hello. First time poster here. I've been reading through this thread and a few others across the internet so any help and advice would be great. I have had a 70 plate SEAT Leon 1.5 for nearly 3 years now and am now approaching the end of the PCP agreement. (Just received the time to decide letter within the last fortnight) So I won't have the car much beyond Bonfire night. Anyway two days ago. I started up the car to set off for work and within a few seconds I got the warning ping noise and looked at the display, then seen that the yellow triangle had lit up and with it the dreaded 'SOS error emergency call. Please visit workshop' message that many of you have reported on here. I don't make use of all of the car's functions but the basic things like the radio and the sat nav appear to be working and the car itself seems to be driving normally. The car is also due its MOT within the next couple of weeks although I don't think that will be an issue going by what I have read. I have tried the hold down the SOS button to activate emergency call tactic and spoke to whoever was on the other end and said that my car is being silly and keeps displaying an SOS error message to no avail. Tried activating the call and cancelling it. Again no use. I tried changing the settings to maximum privacy which also has not fixed it. I'm absolutely cursing my luck as the warranty will undoubtedly have expired and am now fearing the worst in the form of a very costly trip to the dealer just weeks away from part exchanging the car. 😩

Aug 8, 2024
We’d be happy to take a look for you :)
Thank you! Just to add. I'm not sure if it is relevant but around a year and a half to 2 years ago. I received a letter from SEAT prompting me to visit my local dealer to carry out some sort of update. I don't remember the exact details but I do remember that whatever work that they carried out at the time, it knocked out the sat nav. It was just stuck displaying the loading screen so I had to make several trips back and forth to the dealer to get it fixed. To be fair to them, they seemed absolutely clueless and whenever I asked how things were going. They basically said that they were waiting on help from a higher power. Whole saga took around 3 weeks to be resolved. Up until two days ago it's been trouble free motoring.

Reactions: Tell
Thank you! Just to add. I'm not sure if it is relevant but around a year and a half to 2 years ago. I received a letter from SEAT prompting me to visit my local dealer to carry out some sort of update. I don't remember the exact details but I do remember that whatever work that they carried out at the time, it knocked out the sat nav. It was just stuck displaying the loading screen so I had to make several trips back and forth to the dealer to get it fixed. To be fair to them, they seemed absolutely clueless and whenever I asked how things were going. They basically said that they were waiting on help from a higher power. Whole saga took around 3 weeks to be resolved. Up until two days ago it's been trouble free motoring.

They'll have updated from 16xx to a newer infotainment software train meaning your car will have been missing a predictive route data, resulting in the navigation not functioning. If they had bothered to read the TPI prior to carrying out the work, they could have requested activation information ahead of time and avoided the return visits

Tell

Staff member
They'll have updated from 16xx to a newer infotainment software train meaning your car will have been missing a predictive route data, resulting in the navigation not functioning. If they had bothered to read the TPI prior to carrying out the work, they could have requested activation information ahead of time and avoided the return visits
There are some not very good dealers out there and some good ones. Still think the chain ones aren't very good. In it for the money and the staff are take it or leave it, whilst the owned ones with the owners watching the floor, keep the staff on the ball. Told by one owner director once that he was re-engineering the staff. Sacking them. After a management buy out. Then it was sold on to a franchise operation, then went down hill again.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.