• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Show song on infotainment panel

drmrbrewer

Mar 29, 2024
It has been a standard feature of almost every car radio sold for many years... the display will show the name of the current song being played.

But in the infotainment system of my 2024 Cupra Leon all I get is a rather massive radio logo (one of three control items in a row), with nothing but the radio station name. But no information at all... and in particular about the song being played, nor the name of the current radio show.

Surely if my aging Golf can do this, the latest tech should be able to do this (and more)?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
You have to open the media app, with the radio chosen so it's full screen then swipe the bar on the right hand side to open the station details, if I recall correctly. Then you can see the extra station text, including the the song and artist.

drmrbrewer

Mar 29, 2024
OK thanks... that is well hidden! And this is meant to be done while driving? I wonder why they didn't think of putting this really basic information in the main page, where just three large app panels cover the entire screen... plenty of room to show this information there? Instead, there is just a generic radio station icon and station name. The infotainment system doesn't particularly seem to be designed with ease of use or accessibility in mind.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Why didn't they think of illuminating the temperature and volume touch controls, incorporate physical elements to eliminate driver distraction or the hundred or so other problems with this VW system. In comparison the radio is a minor muck up, just be glad you've not got an early car which would have had a large number of software bugs to live with.

drmrbrewer

Mar 29, 2024
A lot of these useability issues could easily be resolved with a software update (though clearly not the lack of temperature control illumination). I need to figure out if one is available.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members