• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Shadow boost gauge

rjpwalker

Feb 27, 2011
Bournemouth
Hi all

I hope this will be my first useful thread for you all. I have just fitted a 60mm white face shadow boost gauge to my car.

First of all I would like to say how well made this product feels and how well it matches the OEM dials within our cars. It works a bit differently to the autogauge ones in the fact that it connects to your head lights and dims to night mode when there on and brightens up when there off.

The gauge is very straight forward to fit and works very well. I have made a short vid clip to show it off which is on the link below

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n568/rjpwalker/?action=view&current=7533f890.mp4.

The gauge wires in differently to the autogauge dial. The shadow gauge had 4 wires.

Black - This goes to earth

Red - Constant live (either ciggie lighter or on the back of the fuse board at the top is a red and white cable and is listed in the car manual as a constant live)

Orange - goes to a switched live ( unlike the autogauge dial this one cannot be connected to the dimmer as it doesn’t like the resistance on the current so I spliced it into the wire that goes into the back of the fuse board which controls the electric windows)

Yellow - This goes to headlight live wire controls the night and day mode when you turn on and off the headlights ( I spliced into the top right hand wire on the back of the fuse board and was listed in the manual as the right headlight fuse)

I purchased this gauge from Alley Motorsport.

http://www.alleymotorsport.co.uk/shadow-pro-turbo-boost-gauge-571-p.asp

I went to his workshops in Dorchester in Dorset and what a nice guy, his name was Simon and was very helpful and gave me advice and guidance on fitting. Alleymotorsport are the UK side of this company I believe

Im not plugging Simons Company as you can also buy via eBay. Just wanted to give you guys some information if anyone decided to use this gauge.

If anyone would like more info or more pics please PM me

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)