Seat Leon Sportstourer FR E-Hybrid - Rear Wiper washer

Dec 21, 2022
Recently bought this car and the rear wiper washer has stopped working. I only noticed last week than when trying to use the washer nothing would happen but when I open the rear passenger door, a decent quantity of water would gush out when the door was opened. It looks the line to rear wiper washer is broken or damaged and is pooling in the door. Has anyone come across this issue and know of a solution?

Jun 20, 2023
The rear washer is VERY prone to clogging both from internal “gunk” buildup, rust, and external dust, dirt etc. If it clogged completely and you kept using it, it may have built up too much pressure and burst the hose somewhere along the line. This will need to be replaced.

I had my washer nozzle replaced by Seat a few months back during a service, it has since clogged again. I was charged £38.75 to replace it (the part was £2…). The rear wiper blade cap pops off very easily, and the nozzle also pops off and can be cleaned out.

Worth mentioning that they didn’t cover this under warranty, as I couldn’t provide evidence that I had used genuine Volkswagen Group screen wash. Hilarious…

Last edited:
Reactions: bonnieprince