SEAT LEON CUPRA 280 rattle when you rev it

Aug 26, 2024
Hello, i dont know if that topic was already here, but i have the problem with rattle sound, i think its from the top of the engine. Car is quiet at idle, but as soon as u press accelerator it rattle at the top of the engine.

I am afraid that this is bad/broken piston, but want to hear did someone had same issue?

Aug 26, 2024
I am going to rebuild whole engine, would get forged crankshaft probably , bcz i have bigger turbo, injen intake, scorpion exhaust and downpipe...
Yeah, there is a lot of metal in there.

Attachments

• karter.jpg
    karter.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 23
  • leteci.jpg
    leteci.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: The-Cupra

The-Cupra

Mar 6, 2024
I am going to rebuild whole engine, would get forged crankshaft probably , bcz i have bigger turbo, injen intake, scorpion exhaust and downpipe...
Yeah, there is a lot of metal in there.
I have seen this a few times, have you run the car on minimum oil level for awhile without noticing? I know some engines can burn oil so i can see how it could be easily done. Especially when mapped.

Aug 26, 2024
I have seen this a few times, have you run the car on minimum oil level for awhile without noticing? I know some engines can burn oil so i can see how it could be easily done. Especially when mapped.

I dont know very much actually, I bought it like this. But oil might be the problem.
I had mk7 gti before, it had 320ps and 350.000km, oil changed every 5-6k and everything good…
Yeah, car was runing 400+ hp for sure.
Would try to get everything oem, only crankshaft and conrod forged.
Well… thats the plan, would see when we demont whole engine and when i write all costs on the paper.
Wont go for 2nd hand engine i think, bcz i need to rebuild that 2nd as well if i want something reliable…

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.