• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI FR 110cv - iddle engine sound

Oct 19, 2024
Hi, I went to see this car (video url is down below) at a dealership, and I found the engine noise at idle very strange. I searched this forum and they mentioned that it's normal for this type of engine because it has more powerful air injectors and a high air compression for a 1.0 engine.

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/seat-ibiza-fr-1-0-engine-idle-ticking-noise-normal.466091/

I asked the dealership to check in the workshop if everything was okay because the salesperson also didn’t know the origin of the sound but suspects it could be something related to air valves.

Information about the car:

• Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI FR 110hp
  • Year: 2021
  • 48,222 km
  • They are offering an 18-month warranty

What do you guys think?

Oct 19, 2024
Update:
It looks like it wasn't normal. I went to check 2 other cars of identical year, model and engine and neither of them made this sound.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.