seat 6 cd dash cahnger, released

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Just had a look at the pic on the seat site Im near sure they are the same as in golfs! Wonder if they fit and work?

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
STOCKY said:
Just had a look at the pic on the seat site Im near sure they are the same as in golfs! Wonder if they fit and work?

yeah If the CD holder trays fit from a Golf, then why not - and adapters will be available for the wiring :)

How much for a VW one?

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
In the second picture it looks to me like it just plugs straight in to the back of the head unit like a gloce box changer via that blue/green/yellow plug ( I forget the proper discription but you know what I mean"

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
a VW unit should mate up fine to the Alana unit but why would you want it-it looks cack!!!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
andy_gdon said:
a VW unit should mate up fine to the Alana unit but why would you want it-it looks cack!!!

what cack when compared to the empty space:confused:

call me sily is the mk4 one called alana, if it is then i am 100% sure a vw one will fit.

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Tip think is you use a sugar cube or something like that you can remove the VW logo on the top right so it looks very OEM!

Bout £100 they can be had for on ebay then! Might be worth a wanted post on ukmkiv forum too!

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
Ant FR said:
what cack when compared to the empty space:confused:

call me sily is the mk4 one called alana, if it is then i am 100% sure a vw one will fit.

Ignore me as im biased - i like my in-car sounds, and as good as OEM may be...their speakers/audio just doesnt cut it!!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
andy_gdon said:
Ignore me as im biased - i like my in-car sounds, and as good as OEM may be...their speakers/audio just doesnt cut it!!

been there done that, but in the last 2 cars just can't be asked to do it all again.

want to keep it OE.

although got to admit i do fancy some nice compnents in the front, just can't be asked to fit em, plus i need a remap first so £300 on a set of speakers is not a good use at the moment. why does every mod i wanna do seem to round up to £300-£500 .

nothing is cheap.

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
Ant FR said:
been there done that, but in the last 2 cars just can't be asked to do it all again.
want to keep it OE.

although got to admit i do fancy some nice compnents in the front, just can't be asked to fit em, plus i need a remap first so £300 on a set of speakers is not a good use at the moment. why does every mod i wanna do seem to round up to £300-£500 .

nothing is cheap.

Your making yourself sound old there!! I have went through the LOUD phase to the pure SQ phase, now im in the half-way house phase and going for the looks to match the sounds!

Im getting remapped in two weeks...thankfully its only skinning me £160!!