'SAFE' message on headunit! Help?

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Long story short, had to enter the 4 digit code into the standard headunit the other day as the battery went dead, but after two failed attempts theres now a 'SAFE' message on the display part of the unit. I should have just waited until I got home to find the code but o well. Any ideas how to get around the 'SAFE' message and back into working order?

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Just off the phone from the stealer and they told me to let the headunit on for an hour or so and it should reset itself where I can renter the correct code. He did stress the 'correct code'bit quite a bit. Shall let you know how it goes in an hour or so.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
good good, oh and also if that does'nt work the procedure to do a "reset" on seats is to disconnect the -ve terminal of the battery for 5 mins and put your key in the ignition after 5 mins, turn it over to where you would see the lights come on, ten after about a min or so turn it off, reconnect battery and start it up.
good luck

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
good good, oh and also if that does'nt work the procedure to do a "reset" on seats is to disconnect the -ve terminal of the battery for 5 mins and put your key in the ignition after 5 mins, turn it over to where you would see the lights come on, ten after about a min or so turn it off, reconnect battery and start it up.
good luck

If the waiting doesn't work then this is plan B. Thanks.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
if you have vag-com you can unlock it and reset it yourself instead of paying the seat stealer £20 or more!

You can't unlock the radio with vag-com.

Also, i seem to remember the manual gives the wrong button sequence.

Yea some of the manuals get the SCAN and PTY buttons the wrong way round.

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
All fixed. Just left the headunit on for an hour and it went back to the stage where you insert your code. Stealer did advise me to press the scan and not the PTY so I guess there is a mix up in the manual.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
aye you cant unlock it with vag-com. I've got some other software you can do it with though that you can use through the same cable not sure if you mean that?

i thought i used vag-com for it...maybe it was commander im not sure. kriso's prob right...hmmm

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise