s/s cat back which one?

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
christ! now I really am confused!

The Revo stage 1 i thought was designed for a bog standard setup and would offer standard set gains (or more specifically, "approximate" set gains).

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
satilaboy said:
christ! now I really am confused!

The Revo stage 1 i thought was designed for a bog standard setup and would offer standard set gains (or more specifically, "approximate" set gains).

it is not a requirement to have a upgraded filter and exhaust with stage 1, I had a standard set up with stage 1, I now have stage 1 but only a cat back exhaust, cai, 4 bar FPR, so preferably I would need a turbo down pipe and a high flow cat, would like to get stage 2 but unsure what extra ill get out of my car as a rough estimate on bhp from my maf readings are 237 bhp based on 183 g/s X 1.3 = 237

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I'll make life easy for you.
Revo stg 1 is designed to run on a totally std car, you can adjust settings on an sps3 to take into account the fitting of uprated induction kits, etc. This is the best value for money mod power wise.
Then if your slightly mad and buy an exhaust and induction kit in the future you can pay £50 to upgrade to revo stg 2 which is a more suited for cars with these mods.

I've got revo stg 2 cos i had all the bits anyway so it would be rude not to, and it does drive nicer with more of the power up top helping get the power down, but if you think your going to get big headline figures forget it, i'd think 5-10bhp with exhaust/fmic/uprated hoses/etc.

The most sensible thing to do would be to get a remap then start saving for a better car or a big turbo, or maybe try and sort the wallowy ride out a bit.

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Neil,

do you have a turbo pipe and hi flow cat on yours? from stage 1 did you notice a difference or was it just the power through the rev range?

do you think it would be worth me getting stage 2? have never tweaked the settings on mine to allow for fuel or anything.

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
NeilC said:
I'll make life easy for you.
Revo stg 1 is designed to run on a totally std car, you can adjust settings on an sps3 to take into account the fitting of uprated induction kits, etc. This is the best value for money mod power wise.

is the power hike from standard to stage 1 very noticable? i'd hate to lay out 400 odd notes and not have to retrieve my head from the back seat after or at worst end up with whiplash after my first few runs post REVO!!!

i'm thinking of going for the 5 hour trial but i've heard reports of people feeling their cars ahve not performed they way they previously did after the 5 hour trial ends.

Last edited:

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
cupra-c_ya said:
Neil,

do you have a turbo pipe and hi flow cat on yours? from stage 1 did you notice a difference or was it just the power through the rev range?

do you think it would be worth me getting stage 2? have never tweaked the settings on mine to allow for fuel or anything.

It does drive nicer with the stg 2 software. The power on the stg 1 was always quite low down on mine then tailed off at the top. Changing the exhaust helped it stop dieing off so early, and the stg 2 seemed to change the power delivery so it gained as the revs rose to the redline so it was less like driving a diesel and more like driving a petrol (bear in mind i drive a car with a different turbo to yours)
Why have you never changed your settings to allow for different fuel? If your gonna pay the extra for 97 ron you may as well make good use of it? It does seem odd that you'd pay extra for a more aggressive remap (stg 2) then turn it down to run on asda's best 95ron?
How much is a full system on a non R anyway?

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
satilaboy said:
is the power hike from standard to stage 1 very noticable? i'd hate to lay out 400 odd notes and not have to retrieve my head from the back seat after or at worst end up with whiplash after my first few runs post REVO!!!

i'm thinking of going for the 5 hour trial but i've heard reports of people feeling their cars ahve not performed they way they previously did after the 5 hour trial ends.

As above you can always get the trial but i think it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee anyway. Just stop dithering and get it! It'll be the same as it is now, just a little bit quicker! I dont think i've heard of anyone wanting to go back to standard!

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
NeilC said:
It does drive nicer with the stg 2 software. The power on the stg 1 was always quite low down on mine then tailed off at the top. Changing the exhaust helped it stop dieing off so early, and the stg 2 seemed to change the power delivery so it gained as the revs rose to the redline so it was less like driving a diesel and more like driving a petrol (bear in mind i drive a car with a different turbo to yours)
Why have you never changed your settings to allow for different fuel? If your gonna pay the extra for 97 ron you may as well make good use of it? It does seem odd that you'd pay extra for a more aggressive remap (stg 2) then turn it down to run on asda's best 95ron?
How much is a full system on a non R anyway?

of course you have the ko4 turbo, cant do the settings as I dont have a sps, one thing I dont do is use asda fuel, optimax all the way but like you say I should set it up for this fuel, I know what you mean about tailing off as mine does this so possible the stage 2 will help the top end a little bit and will be more catered for the mods I have.

I got my supersprint cat back for 330 quid but dont know how much it is for a full system, millteks hi flow cat is 350+ but unsure if that is with the turbo down pipe?

Might have to take a trip to my nearest revo dealer which is now bristol I think as TSR are no longer trading, maybe they will do some setting for the fuel ;)

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
cupra-c_ya said:
of course you have the ko4 turbo, cant do the settings as I dont have a sps, one thing I dont do is use asda fuel, optimax all the way but like you say I should set it up for this fuel, I know what you mean about tailing off as mine does this so possible the stage 2 will help the top end a little bit and will be more catered for the mods I have.

I got my supersprint cat back for 330 quid but dont know how much it is for a full system, millteks hi flow cat is 350+ but unsure if that is with the turbo down pipe?

Might have to take a trip to my nearest revo dealer which is now bristol I think as TSR are no longer trading, maybe they will do some setting for the fuel ;)

According to the ever helpfull pabs it is:

http://www.seatcupra.net/users/pabs/RevoStage2.doc

If it's just a case of getting a sps2 and switching from normal to performance (or whatever it says) you may as well! 2 minute job!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.