s/s cat back which one?

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
got a standard leon cupra 1.8t and want a s/s cat back system,i will be getting a green panel filter at the same time but the remap is on hold.i am looking at the jetex cat back system as i dont want anything to loud.on the site you can get the system with or without the front silencer.would it be to loud without one.what are the advantages or disadvantages of this without a remap?has anyone got a jetex system on there leon.other systems i quite like the look of are the scorpion,magnex or milltek.has anyone got or had these on there leon any view would be great

Last edited:

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
cant get a jetex.going for the milltek.does anyone know where you can get a good deal on them?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
thought about custom? powerflow did mine and im over the moon with it, i do biggish miles and its not overly loud either, you can get them as a cat back with one or two boxes, the second box midway really keeps it within reasonable volume and is nice when you open the car up on the road but not loud around town.

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
found a jetex in the end.s/s cat back with front silencer and twin 80mm tailpipe.they said some modification maybe needed for the oval tailpipe and wanted a straight fit without having to chop lumps out of thr bumper.shopped around,some places were asking £350,in the end got it for £275 delivery monday.not bad with a lifetime garentee

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
how long you had it,do you notice and difference in power or pick up.what does yours sound like.my friend has one on his seat and its not to loud until you give it some and then sounds really nice

neil

Jan 3, 2002
Grimston
Visit site
been on just over a year , seems a bit more eager to go , i know it sounds a bit louder than standard , but as i have the sports cat as well , i cant really remember what the system alone sounds like !!
neil

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
have you seen the s/s down pipe they do now? looks a nice bit of kit,not sure on a price though

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
just had a look and the jetex s/s downpipe with free flow cat and staight pipe to do away with the mid silencer is £390.that aint a bad price at all is it

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
lcjay said:
how long you had it,do you notice and difference in power or pick up.

I am wondering about this too. what power gains are there, if any? with a new exhaust system or custom exhaust?

I've got one mate telling me i can unlock about 10-14bhp with a decent panel filter and new exhaust system and another saying that my standard one is ideal and a new exhaust will give me minimal gains other than in volume! I'm confused.:think: so what is the truth? are there any power gains to be had? and are the gains noticable day to day or confined to track days and rolling road stats?

I'm still undecided about whether to go custom remap or for a stage 1 revo. trouble is I can't afford an exhaust and a remap so it's one or the other and i want to squeeze as much power as i can but as i say, i'm getting conflicting views regarding exhausts so i'll prob end up leaving it and getting a generic remap with the possibility of a new exhaust later on.

any thoughts?

Last edited:

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
from what ive read,you wont be looking at many bhp by adding a system 4bhp max id say.the only real gains you will get is when you get a remap comdined with a exhaust and filter.if you get a custom remap they can match it to the type of system and filter you have unlike a downloaded remap

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
m0rk said:
Not even then to be honest.....
Best gains bar none are from a downpipe.

Yeah..but, is it not the case that LCR pipe isnt straight? thus making any mods in that area very difficult i.e gains in power:shrug:

I know APR do one but i remember the guy at star performance saying that he didn't think it was worth doing:(

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
aprdownpipelcr.jpg

I wouldn't say that was a bad design compared to OEM

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
They reckon 15-25bhp - so for £900 that's not bad compared to £500 for an exhaust that does none

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
Interesting, wouldn't mind having that fitted and then getting a map if thats the case. I dont see the point in wasting money on mods that wont make the car feel a bit livelier.

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
i wouldnt have a remap with a standard system.it wouldnt take the increase in bhp anyway.£900 is a bit steep for a downpipe and sports cat,the jetex one is £390 for the downpipe,cat and straight through pipe

Last edited:

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
if it was the case that decent filter and a new exhaust alone would unlock 10-15bph i'd go for that just now and get a custom remap at a later date to maximise my overall gains.

I reckon though i'll bin the exhaust idea and go for a generic remap (prob REVO stage 1). Maybe at a later date i'll add an new exhaust system and get the REVO stage 2 as i believe this will unlock some extra bhp/torque over and above the stage 1. dies that sound about right?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.