Revod FR tdi Vs Buggati Veyron

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
micky 32 said:
you could get a TDI to keep up............... Get some rope and get towed by a veyron! Id say that would be a laugh, imagine being towed by a veyron flat out.

:idea: An idea for Top Gear, anyonw willing to donate their soot machine for this.

I remember they had a Scoob/Evo tow a caravan, the caravan didn't last very long before it broke up. :cartman:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
muddyboots said:
If you accelerated faster than the speed of light, would you see anything in your rear view mirror ?
Discuss :)

I'd see my own face. Grinning probably.

Oct 12, 2005
Luvin the thread.....i was actually drunk at the time of posting the thread. Also i am gettin revo on my fr tdi 150 2moro so cant wait!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
well i think light hasnt got the bottle. went out last night looking for a burn but light was knowhere to be seen. must have heard about jabba

alock

May 3, 2004
Paul TDI said:
After 12 minutes of being floored, when it's used its full tank of fuel, I reakon I'll have a good chance of making ground!! Bet it'd be a few miles ahead of me by then though lol

This idea has always interested me. Which car (not just the two in the original post) could cover 1000 miles in a straight line fastest. There would have to be some assumption that there is a petrol station ever 100 miles along the straight and the fuel pump always flowed at a fixed rate etc...

What do people think? A very fast car with maybe 8 fuel stops? An efficient diesel crusing at <100mph to get 500 miles/tank? An efficient diesel driving fast and requiring two fuel stops?

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
alock said:
This idea has always interested me. Which car (not just the two in the original post) could cover 1000 miles in a straight line fastest. There would have to be some assumption that there is a petrol station ever 100 miles along the straight and the fuel pump always flowed at a fixed rate etc...

What do people think? A very fast car with maybe 8 fuel stops? An efficient diesel crusing at <100mph to get 500 miles/tank? An efficient diesel driving fast and requiring two fuel stops?

A car that travels at 200mph (assume for the sake of easier maths that it does 0-200 instantly) for 12 minutes and then stops for 12 minutes to refuel is travelling at an average speed of 100mph so anything that is going to beat it to the 1000 mile mark needs to better this average.

So the 100mph cruising car could only match the 200mph car, even if it could do the distance with no fuel stops.

/maths

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise