• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Reverse Camera Install

Apr 8, 2021
Anyone installed a reverse camera to their mk1s?
How do you go about doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExiledWeegie

Jun 15, 2024
I've got one installed, mounted it just above number plate, brought wires through grommit in spare wheel well, tried initially to connect wires up to reverse light but too much interferance through it so took the trigger wire to reverse light and camera power to the back of the stereo with a filter, works fine.

Attachments

• 20240615_131903.jpg
    20240615_131903.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20241003_123131.jpg
    20241003_123131.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Fabzino98
Apr 8, 2021
I've got one installed, mounted it just above number plate, brought wires through grommit in spare wheel well, tried initially to connect wires up to reverse light but too much interferance through it so took the trigger wire to reverse light and camera power to the back of the stereo with a filter, works fine.

What do you mean with a filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExiledWeegie

Jun 15, 2024
the filter takes any noise on the power line to the camera that can cause interference like like lines on the display, mine had this when the power and trigger wire were connected to the reverse light so now i just use the trigger wire from the light and the camera power is taken from the positive and negative from behind the stereo.

with the filter, you use the camera power connected to the filter then the wires from the filter to the positive and negative behind the stereo (or you could try connecting to the reverse light and see if it wont have the interference.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.