Resale issues for Yellow on an FR?

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
HWWLTTHMBO is considering selling the Altea Sport DSG for a Leon FR TDi 170. He fancies it in yellow though.......

Are yellow Leons hard to sell on? Do we splash out on metallic instead?

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony :p

simmytt

Dec 2, 2006
midlands
I wouldent worry about having a yellow car, just a quick look on here and it seems to be one of the most popular colours, the wifes ibiza is yellow and i have just ordered a leon fr in candy white ,imho the lighter colours show up the cars lines that much better, i think thats why they seem to sell so well.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
main.php

It does look right... and you do get used to it (makes for easy car park spotting)

Will appeal to some people for resale, but the same could be said of all colours

What's "HWWLTTHMBO" too (google is useless, and finds a previous post of yours on here!)

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
He
Who
Would
To
Think
He
Must
Be
Obeyed.........

Its his car, but I decide (or else he'd have a bloody Focus ST in Orange with a white stripe or something equally as nasty).

Any comments on Brisa Blue? I've seen pix here and I think it looks stunning, i've always liked that colour :funk: I know Yellow on FR & Cupra SEATs looks cool, but each time i've been to Holders they appear to have the same 53plate Cupra in yellow sat there looking unloved :doh:

jon1

May 7, 2005
Sunderland
I was going to get an Audi A3 Tdi 170 in white on a pcp deal and was told they dont hold there value as well as silver. Id rather have the colour i wanted and lose a couple of quid at the end than be stuck with a car for a few years and regret getting the safe option.

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Yellow is def the one for me, not many cars look good in yellow but the top line Seats really do it justice. When I'm driving my truck up and down the UK I really sit up and notice yellow cars, you see them coming in your rear view mirrors a mile away! As long as it's a clean example then you shouldn't have a problem moving it on in the future.
White is the new black though, I'm not surprised Seat have launched Candy White recently.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Saw a yellow FR today going the other side on the motorway today and it looked fab!

Currently have a yellow MK3 Cupra which I love the colour of, but wanted a change hence going for the red FR on Thursday.

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Well we've done the deal @ Swindon Motor Park. We rang them about a prereg FR TDI @ £16288 which was sold, but they offered a brand new (March delivery) FR TDI choice of spec and colour @ £16495 for solid colours with no extras. We've gone for Crono Yellow, 18" wheels and Bluetooth! There's a car at the docks (or wherever) to that spec so in theory it'll be about a week or so :clap:

Got a very good PX on the old car too, £10800 @ 23k (05/55 Altea TDI DSG Sport in silver with 17s, reversing sensors)

The dealer who supplied the old one would only do an 06/56 ex demo Leon TDI FR @ £17k (on 18s) and £10k p/x :-o and wouldnt even consider matching the offer we've taken :doh: oh well, its their loss.

So roll on March the ??th :p :p :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.