Rebooting mediasysteem solved Finaly

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
My Leon still on 1896, but from one or two month ago using the infotainment is like a nightmare! Before there was some system reboots by itself, but now it's horrible. I don't know if it's worse because of some updates on android auto app, but is really bad. Today I had to reboot the system while was driving because it was impossible to start the A/C...
I hope the update 1940 could fix this...
1940 is so much better, I’ve had it now for 4 weeks and no reboots it seems to be stable (well as stable as it going to get I think) CarPlay is better to.

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
My Leon still on 1896, but from one or two month ago using the infotainment is like a nightmare! Before there was some system reboots by itself, but now it's horrible. I don't know if it's worse because of some updates on android auto app, but is really bad. Today I had to reboot the system while was driving because it was impossible to start the A/C...
I hope the update 1940 could fix this...
Probably a bad update, mine had the same problem, two weeks ago i had to go to the workshop to get a new sos module and they uploaded the software again and till now it only rebooted one time, before it was rebooting everyday.
the thing that makes me relly angry is that here in Portugal were still on 1896 as in other countrys they're already apllying 1940 that seems to resolve the rebooting issues.
The best version i had it was the 1672, it had no lag and no reboots, y only upgraded because of android auto best looks.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Had my car updated to 1940 today.

Hoping it's fixed all the bugs finally!
I had mine done 2 weeks ago and so far so good. Except...

Unfortunately I still get the odd speaker pops and SOS emergency error. It's a pain but happens rarely, seems to be in the same places. Around Manchester airport and Cannock area seems to set it off. I'll be travelling to the latter in a couple of weeks so will see if it happens again. I can live with it for now if the rest of the system behaves as it seems to ge doing at the moment. Hopefully they'll be a fix for this coming soon :rolleyes:.

Deleted member 123864

I had mine done 2 weeks ago and so far so good. Except...

Unfortunately I still get the odd speaker pops and SOS emergency error. It's a pain but happens rarely, seems to be in the same places. Around Manchester airport and Cannock area seems to set it off. I'll be travelling to the latter in a couple of weeks so will see if it happens again. I can live with it for now if the rest of the system behaves as it seems to ge doing at the moment. Hopefully they'll be a fix for this coming soon :rolleyes:.
There's a telematics update required to solve that issue, the infotainment update won't resolve it.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
There's a telematics update required to solve that issue, the infotainment update won't resolve it.
Yes, I've heard that. My telematics was updated last year and it stopped doing it. Then I had an update to 1899 in March and it started doing it again, and still is.
My dealer has said everything is up to date so I'm not sure what else I can do.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
It’s a combo of infotainment And firmware on the telematics module itself. My dealer said it’s usually 50/50 whether a firmware update fixes it or it’s a new module installed.

Reactions: oldgitdave

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
One slightly annoying thing for PHEVs is that the EV range screen used to show zero emission mileage for the current journey. This has now gone in 1940 which is a shame

Mar 11, 2023
My SEAT Leon went to the dealer but they say the last software for this car is 1896 (FR from 2020), because of the module installed.

Does anybody have the update 1940 on a Leon FR from year 2020?

I have read that SEAT have increased one year on infotainment warranty (like they did on Cupra) but my dealer didn't know nothing about that (what is normal, they never know...). Have you heard about that too?

If the car stays with software 1896 the system reboots nightmare will continue... I have to do a formal complaint to SEAT. As it is is ridiculous.

Mar 11, 2023
It’s a combo of infotainment And firmware on the telematics module itself. My dealer said it’s usually 50/50 whether a firmware update fixes it or it’s a new module installed.
Hi Alex667, and your dealer said if the new module is installed under warranty? When the firmware update is not the solution?

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
My SEAT Leon went to the dealer but they say the last software for this car is 1896 (FR from 2020), because of the module installed.

That's probably a dealer BS, but most likely a) 1940 has not been rolled out fully and b) 1898/1899 are not recommended anymore by SEAT due to reboot issues. When my car went in in June they also said they can see 1896 as the latest software (21 car), so unless they looking for specific TPI (which 1940 has now) they won't be updating to 1940... If your car is out of the warranty you can update it yourself to 1940 (I've done it and it works well, but I didn't have reboot problems in the first place though on 1896).

Jul 25, 2023
Got the same problem, I’ve found out that if I pull fuse 20 (connect box) that it does not reboot anymore. The fuse is for usb mirror link and wireless charge, maybe it solves the reboot problems on one of you guy’s car to.

Mar 11, 2023
That's probably a dealer BS, but most likely a) 1940 has not been rolled out fully and b) 1898/1899 are not recommended anymore by SEAT due to reboot issues. When my car went in in June they also said they can see 1896 as the latest software (21 car), so unless they looking for specific TPI (which 1940 has now) they won't be updating to 1940... If your car is out of the warranty you can update it yourself to 1940 (I've done it and it works well, but I didn't have reboot problems in the first place though on 1896).
I will ask them if they are looking for specific TPI or not, thanks. Update the software myself is a possibility, but not for now, at this moment I prefer that they do it. If your car is from 21 and you didn't have reboot problems on 1896... it's possible that they didn't updated well my car to 1896. Some time ago I asked them to re-install the module (5F I think), but they said that the update didn't show any errors... and they didn't do the re-install. You use android auto, spotify, etc. wireless? The reboot problem is much worse when I use android auto.

Mar 11, 2023
Got the same problem, I’ve found out that if I pull fuse 20 (connect box) that it does not reboot anymore. The fuse is for usb mirror link and wireless charge, maybe it solves the reboot problems on one of you guy’s car to.
That's interesting. My car have wireless charge but I don't use it because my actual phone don't have it. I will try to pull fuse 20 and see if android auto works wireless and without reboots.

GenericSeat

Oct 29, 2021
UK

Does anybody have the update 1940 on a Leon FR from year 2020?

I have read that SEAT have increased one year on infotainment warranty (like they did on Cupra) but my dealer didn't know nothing about that (what is normal, they never know...). Have you heard about that too?

If the car stays with software 1896 the system reboots nightmare will continue... I have to do a formal complaint to SEAT. As it is is ridiculous.
Yes I got this today in my 2020 FR First Edition.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
1940 hasn't been officially release in UK yet. Presumably people can update it by themselves 👍

Jul 1, 2023
How/where do I find what software I’m on?!
Mine is being annoying but wouldn’t know where to find what version I’m on or what do you say to seat? Just you’re having issues with the infotainment, is there an update?
thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise