Reasons for choosing ibiza?

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Pure impulse buy after having a testrive.

Saw the review of the Diesel in EVO and laughed... 15k for a DIESEL hothatch, what a joke!...

Ah well... It the best buy impulse buy ive ever had!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Bought the ibiza (didn't even test drive it) because I wanted a turbo charged car (always wanted an RS Tubo or Cosworth). For the money I spent on it which was less than a clio 172 cup at the time, and alot cheaper than a Honda Civic Type R, it was the only tubro car in the price range. I wasn't after build quality, (would have gone VW or Audi), just performance + the Leon Cupra R was around £22k without recaro seats.

Still looking at the jap cars, you'll see that their interior is rather soddy, was in an old W plate scooby the other night and thought.... rather bland in here. Think the Mitsi Colt looks nicer inside than an Evo.

I get lots of people asking "whats a Cupra never heard of that model???" Is it a 1.6? Get suprised looks when I say "1.8 20vt". Even funnier looks when I say it the same engine as the Audi - 1.8 TT 180bhp (double check... I'm I right?)

Went to a dealers nearest me to find out what I could get for it.... and they said they hadn't even sold a petrol Cupra yet!!! only 2 desiel ones!!! and then asked me is it yellow.. harder to sell he said.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
have always liekd the mk3 ibiza cupra's and went up to my local dealership to see if they had any in stock or knew of anywhere that would have some, the bloke said that most have been ragged and high mileage, and that put my mum off instantly.
the bloke took me outside to show me the mk4 ibiza fr, wasnt to keen on the look of it as i had my heart set on a cupra (at this point i didnt realise the mk4 cupra was the old cupra r - 180bhp), went back the next day for a test drive in an fr tdi as this was all they had in stock that i could drive, and loved it!!
still had my heart set on the cupra, thought about it for about 2 mins, and my mum (of all people!!) convinced me to get the cupra!! :dance: :clap: first time i saw the car i had brought was the day i picked it up!!

have loved it ever since, and all my mates seem to like it aswell and are impressed by it! as someone else said, is very unique, do see lots of ibiza's driving round, but have only seen 2 cupra's - 1 in the seat garage when i went back to get something fixed, and another driven by an old granny!! :-o was shocked!

oli_c

Had my golf gt tdi before and decided i wanted something a little faster, more tuning possibilities, cheap insurance, good quality (VW parts), cheap to buy (compared to VWs)and very economical. What more could you ask for? (Except slightly better styling and interior!)

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
i'd buy another one purely for safty TBH, my original reasons where the same as many others said for my FR TDi. but after seeing first hand how they hold up in an accident i'd buy one again even tho i was put off by SEAT customer service

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
I was looking for a GTI, thinking about a CTR/LCR, but do a lot of company miles and wanted to get good MPG.

Took a TDI cupra for a test drive and couldn't beleive the mid range.:-o

Read the Cupra VRS 182 Clio review in Drive mag and made my choice.

Enjoyed the car ever since.:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.