Rear bumper number plate mounting(?)

emilyjane2910

Jan 19, 2021
West Midlands
Does anyone know if its possible to remove part no.11 on the diagram without removing the whole bumper? Or even what its called so I can do a proper search?!
EYzBWYx.png

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
There are some clips that can't be got to with out getting the bumper off. You can get to some if you take the exhaust off, but the ones higher up the crash bar is in the way.

But these clips aren't really necessary. The double sided tape and other bits hold it in well enough IMO. I'd bought a new one and had it painted, so I was happy to destroy the old one getting it off. As it happened the old one was relatively unscathed apart from the 4 small tabs that has the clips on.

So if you're happy with the tabs and the double sided tape to hold it on then its doable. Just get under the sharp corners with some fishing wire so you can cut through the double sided tape that is already there. Once you get that bit up its just a case of being patient and pulling it out. Best to cover your paint work with masking tape to avoid catching anything too.

This is what the bumper looks like without the piece attached on my car, as you can see its not like it will have a huge amount of air pushing against it as its not just a big hole without it...

70d7cd48-d166-4f36-adc0-4413863ede8c-jpeg.15426

More info here:

Post 164 onwards - Damo's Carbon Edition

Reactions: emilyjane2910

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks @Damo H I'm going to have a go at wrapping it gloss black, may be able to do it in situ but thought if it's easy enough to get off then why not!
If you are wrapping, as its textured it won't last forever. One of the vinyl stickers guys turned up to the Dyno day back in 2019, he'd wrapped his and a few others. He said nothing will stop it eventually coming away, BUT he says if you use 3M Adhesive promoter, it will help it last a lot better. But the stuffs not cheap either.

Reactions: emilyjane2910

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Removing the bumper is not hard and is going to be safer. I've tried to cut corners in the past and just made life more complicated. A few screws and clips and the bumper is off.

emilyjane2910

Jan 19, 2021
West Midlands
If you are wrapping, as its textured it won't last forever. One of the vinyl stickers guys turned up to the Dyno day back in 2019, he'd wrapped his and a few others. He said nothing will stop it eventually coming away, BUT he says if you use 3M Adhesive promoter, it will help it last a lot better. But the stuffs not cheap either.
You weren't lying about the price were you 🧐

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.