Reapped Ibiza Vs Scooby

May 2, 2006
Having a bit of a debate with my mate about what is quicker

My mate reckons the scooby all the way but im not convinced,i reckon the scooby off the line but then once they get going the ibiza will take the lead

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Read a few posts with the LCR but not the ibiza

Addo

David_smith_909 said:
Having a bit of a debate with my mate about what is quicker

My mate reckons the scooby all the way but im not convinced,i reckon the scooby off the line but then once they get going the ibiza will take the lead

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Read a few posts with the LCR but not the ibiza

I've raced an fq340 (on private lanes with a long private road) with my ibiza @ 330bhp and he dusted me off the lights till about 55mph by 85mph i was pushing him 100mph waving him bye byes :happy:

May 2, 2006
Addo said:
I've raced an fq340 (on private lanes with a long private road) with my ibiza @ 330bhp and he dusted me off the lights till about 55mph by 85mph i was pushing him 100mph waving him bye byes :happy:

nice result, especially against a FQ340, would have thougt their alot faster than scoobies

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
If its newage, then a remapped Ibiza (just a remap) should be able to deal with a WRX once on the move...... a WRX STi would be quicker. You'd need more than just a remap to do a newage UK Spec STi.

Edit: Just looking at your sig, you should do an STi on the move also.....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yup - walk in the park in my wifes ibiza

it's comedy when they eventually do pass once you've stopped accelerating.

May 2, 2006
Spanky said:
If its newage, then a remapped Ibiza (just a remap) should be able to deal with a WRX once on the move...... a WRX STi would be quicker. You'd need more than just a remap to do a newage UK Spec STi.

Edit: Just looking at your sig, you should do an STi on the move also.....

never raced one matey, was just curious as to how it would get on,i know off the line the ibiza would get murdered, but when it gets going its actually surprising how fast the cupra is

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Try it mate.... I was torn between a Impreza or an Leon Cupra R, but once you delve into real world accleration (i.e. 30-70 etc) FWD with similar power is always king..... you will do well against STi's.... I would even go as far to say you would do ok against one with PPP too.

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
The uk spec ones aren't that impressive 220bhp if that

ive had a little play with one

Granted he started to pull away when we got past 90 but upto that point i wasnt far behind at all.

The fella who owned it has now gone on to buy an STI uk one

Wonder why? :lol: Must still be having nightmares about my Lupo in his mirror.

I get a respect 'nod' everytime he drives into my estate now

All this was done on a private test track i must add

Tom

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
came up against a few scooby wrx,s. dont fancy it off the lights with one.
but on a rolling start second gear theres nothing in it but third gear and above a remapped ibiza is quicker

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
my uncle used to have the the type ra scooby that was very quick i think the type ra is similar to the p1 but a lightweight model correct me if im wrong tho as im not 100% lol

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
i've done a scooby wrx off the lights before....it was literally dead even until he had to change to 3rd before me and it was bye bye. it was an older wrx and was probably being driven by a muppet!

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Had a few tustles with my mates uk scoob. its running around 250 - 260 and its quite a close battle. If you get on it at the same time the scoob will start pulling away from me very slowly from 85 ish onwards. Trying to keep up when pulling out of corners or roundabouts is hard work trying to grip but i've caught him out a few times just outbraking him or just getting your toe down that bit earlier, basicly just means you've got to drive that bit harder.....
I reckon another 10-15bhp for the bitza and it'll be fairly even apart from the lack of grip. bearing in mind mine only has revo stg1 and a filter so i doubt its even pulling 200bhp..

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
LOL its funny how everyone seems to have a mate with a scooby or evo, running about 250-280.

How come i dont. My mates have got cossies running 450+, so there's no chance of me ever winning, but only decreasing the amount i get beat by!

Although i do like chasing scoobies, cos they seem to be easy pickings. (When the cars not in gimp mode)

Stuie

Apr 5, 2005
Swindon
had a tussle with a WRX the other day (looked standard) second gear rolling start. both planted it at the same time, his front bumper was level with my back bumper by end of second, he lost another half a car length through what i assume was transmission loss, third gear i dint make any further gain, then hit 4th ad i quite happily started to pull strongly away from him. I was 2 up and he was by himself, was very happy with the result, not to sure he was though lol. My cars running around the 200bhp mark

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members