Re-Profiling Cams

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
i bought some ABF cams for my car (they will fit) and want some extra grunt added, what duration would people reccomend? i'm thinking about 280-285degrees, to get a proper fast road cam, bear in mind the engine is supercharged, just wondering if i'll get some good gains

also, anybody know how much it is roughly to get cams reprofiled?

cheers
Chris

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
You gotta be careful with emission as well! I got 268 inlet and exhaust cams and for me to pass emission even with a cat on, I need to go for a nice run down the motorway before going to the garage and they will test it as soon as I get there! lol

Have a look on kent and piper cams websites, I know they do reprofiled cams

p.s. Nice to see my cams are going to a good purpose!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
it's quite common for 2.0L 9A owners to stick abf cams in as it bumps power from 130 summat up to the abf's 150! at the fraction of the price of a set of pipers!

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
From what i have been able to find about supercharged 16v's i think the best plan is to leave them as is. Although yours is a 1800 (from memory) so may not be the same.

I'm sure Mr Nando would be able to help you with this one, maybe Badger 5 (Bill) as i think i remember him doing an Eaton ABF at the minute.

Not much help but hopefully one of the above would have some way of helping you out!

Emissions test are the bain of any cam'd car owners life. I hate it!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.