Re Airbox and Cupra TDi intakes and CAI kits

gazjones

they know anyway not really bothered about it as its nothing that isnt from seat apart from revo but about 2 years ago they were remapping cars at audi and vw with revo so unless its a serious ecu problem they dont seem to mind. looking at the old one its a tiney hole for air to get in but now it can catch so much more air and be more efficient

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Just to let people know, ive been running this Mod for a few months now through terrential rain and snow and the filter had absolutely no signs of water damage. Just something to note if people are feeling somewhat paranoid (i was!)

Certainly do get more low down poke and it seems to rev much easier...

gazjones

its still not perfect as the air flow through the bumper into the air intake is not straight so air has to move up to get into the air intake otherwise it would be very good. just have to make the most of what you have and optimise what you can and this mod does that i think

ibiza_fr_james

May 4, 2004
Chandlers Ford
i have noticed some people like "Ant" saying that on the 1.8t fr the dynatwist is better with the heat sheild off.

is this true and is it ok for the engine as i took it for a run without the heatsheild on and it sound so evil, the dumpvalve was very loud,

i just dont want to run int any problems with it.

gazjones

was at the bank holiday meet and nearly every one was running it open but some used ducting like the original air filter had some left the bottom of the air box in and sat induction kit on top of the box get best of both there really open filter sound with the cold air feed as well

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members