• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Random on/off interior light

Solo

May 30, 2015
About once every 5 or 6 weeks, I'll be driving along normally and the front interior lights come on by themselves. I have a 2023 e-hybrid and the car is used pretty much every day.

I tap it to turn them off and within a few seconds they're back on again. All OTA software updates have been installed but with such a random issue I can't see how it would be a software problem. I've also tried cleaning the light lens.

Has anyone else experienced this and was there a fix? I know what'll happen if I take it to Cupra: 'unable to replicate fault', unless it's a known issue.

I didn't really care in the summer as I was rarely in the car when it was dark. But now approaching winter, it'll get annoying driving around in the dark with the interior light on.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
is a known problem. There is a TPI for it. So go to the dealer and have it exchanged under warranty. If the warranty is still valid.

Reactions: Solo

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
Roof panels are faulty. Mine was replaced under warranty due to SOS warning. As it appeared - touch controls were also not working.

Reactions: Solo

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Mine did this constantly on a journey to Liverpool back in July. Parked it up overnight and the lights were fine...however, the sat nav decided that it doesn't want to talk to me and has been silent ever since!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.