pulling to the left.....

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
hiya guys,

just had my abs front wheel sensor sorted by the guys at westec, did a fantastic job, cant recommend them enough! Also asked them to get the tracking sorted for me as the car was pulling to the left, which they kindly did for me by taking the car to another garage..

Jock confirmed the tracking was miles out and its now been sorted but the car is still pulling to the left? If you look at both front wheels the drivers side seems to lean in a bit at the top but the passenger side wheel is dead upright, theres deffinately a difference between the two...

....could this be the camber? Is it adjustable on the front of a mk3 ibiza cupra? Its not a huge problem as the wheel doesnt vibrate at any speed but it does require me to keep my hand on it otherwise it'll drift to the left quite quickly. Becomes tiring after a while

so any thoughts?

And if this helps the cars completely standard apart from 17" OZ supperleggera's and a H+R cup kit

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
tracking does not check the camber kpi etc, what you need to get done is 4 wheel track, but by proper tecky's not fast fit monkeys!
if your wheel is leaning in that could be your problem(hit any kurbs?) and your right that is your camber angle, but this on its own wont cause pulling, more like the caster angle?

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
nah deffinately not the wheels as they've only just been fitted 2 days ago (brand new) and the car pulled to the left with the standard wheels so its deffinately car related. Is the castor angle adjustable? could it be a combination of castor and camber angles?

flashbsd

hi davidol, glad to see you finally got one, and in red too :)

get some pictures up ;)

mine was doing this, i got rid of my worn pirelli p-zero's for something decent and solved the problem, get it checked, sounds as if its had a hard impact on the wheel to knock it off camber etc.

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
can anyone help me out as to who can do the camber adjustment in the cardiff or surrounding areas? is it actually possible to adjust the camber? I dont mind spending the money but ive already spent 20 quid on tracking and its still doing it!!! just dont want to keep spending money to chase the problem as opposed to fixing it!

CupraPower

Jan 29, 2004
Woking, Surrey
Visit site
Either search on google for camber, toe alignment or 4 wheel laser alignment

Or take it to Dealers and they can do it. As thats where i got mine done.

About £35 + vat though

cheers,
Ian

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
ok update spoke to a tyre fitter semi mate of mine tonite and he had a extremely quick peak at mine in the dark and thinks the camber isnt adjustable on this particular car...can anyone confirm or deny this?

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
back_to_the_future.jpg

Great Scott!

Did you get this fixed? :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
davidol said:
ok update spoke to a tyre fitter semi mate of mine tonite and he had a extremely quick peak at mine in the dark and thinks the camber isnt adjustable on this particular car...can anyone confirm or deny this?

I can confirm your tyre fitter mate is wrong. and it is adjustable.

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
The person wont get to yours without reading the thread either?

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated :)

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I wasnt having a go, i was still a little confused, having read the whole thing, then it clicked.
I aint seen Dave on here for a few days, and i recall a trip to newquay, soon.

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
im here dont worry! just working night shift at the moment and its taking it out of me, camber is adjustable had it done ages ago!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise