Proud 130..? Owner

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Spent the day driving to-from hertfordshire to buy what i think/hope is a 130, it was listed as a 130 but it doesnt state anywhere as to what it is ! It goes like stink if that helps lol, and the engine bay looks like this..

media1.jpg

Is it a 130 or could it be a 110 :(, if it is..gonna be hellll to pay !

53 plate btw. Only has 5 gears + reverse ... ? thought the 130 and 150 had 6 gears + reverse ? or do i have that wrong.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
you must of got it HPI checked or it came with one and that tells you the BHP, well it did for my LC. Don't spoil te moment by worry about probably nothing.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
you must of got it HPI checked or it came with one and that tells you the BHP, well it did for my LC. Don't spoil te moment by worry about probably nothing.

Will go check the hpi document (think we have one, a check was run...il see if i have the papers), looks lovely tho, goes really well. Like the interior, love how the car sticks to the road and you can feel the corners (not overkill on the power steering, think they got it just right). The included satnav isnt the best and the bitch screams at you over the music lol, cant argue at 6cd changer and a nice lcd screen tho ! will get some pics posted in the light.

My fathers a mechanic by trade (auto electrician now though) and has said he may be able to program a flip key to do all the normal key can do + that window dead lock thing and a boot button, will speak to him properly on monday and let him explore.

So far though, loving the car, nice pulling next to something chavv'd and leaving it with my diesel power !

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
FFS, the 110bhp is showing 5 speed, its starting to look like we have been had by a SEAT dealer, and a SEAT Aproved used car.

Is there any definate way to find out its BHP without having to go to a dyno ? Any way online..panicking a bit atm.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
don't stress out yet. double check everything and contact the dealer. Keep the advert or print it off the web (might even say 130 on the sales invoice). At the end of the day you've got a cracking car that you are happy with. I sure it will be a 130 and you will of worried for nothing.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
what does it say on the registration document?????

also the vin number, ask a seat dealer what info it pulls up with that?

V5 sent away in our name, didnt say what BHP it was on it :(. Is the 130 definately supposed to have 6 gears + reverse ? thats the easiest way to identify..

seatmh5.jpg

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
pd 130 has 6 speed box
pd110 and 90 have 5 speed box

cupra pd150 6 speed box

all plus reverse.

Looks like ive been had then ! Put my trust in a genuine seat dealer, travelled 200 miles each way, asked numerous times is it a 130, as you can see its listed as a 130 on their website !

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
has it definatly got 5 speed, what does the number go upto on the gearnob?

what is it taxed as?

co2 emissions on a pd110 140
146 on a pd130

also insurance groups are different so if its insured as the wrong car, but when you insured it they will have asked for the reg plate yeah?, what did they say, what group insurance was it given as, pd110 group 7, 130 group 10??

Last edited:

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
it seems they have got the info wrong... the write up says 130 but you've got a 110.

if your not happy with the car, you have a good case of taking it back and either getting an exhange or refund