problem with usb ports in Ibiza 2018

Aug 6, 2024
Hi there guys

I have an Ibiza 2018, 1.0 115hp and from day one I got it (got it 2nd hand in 2020) have a problem with the usb ports (both of them)
Although in general work, both for charging phone and data connection (gps, etc) there is the occasional momentary cut of connection and reconnect.
I first noticed it as I was loosing gps screen and thought it might have something to do with android, program, etc. But then I noticed that at the same time it stops charging and reconnects within 1-2 seconds.
Since the way it goes would point me towards some slightly loose connection (am not mechanic or electrician) I already have tested different cables, tried to keep the plug firmly into the port or tried both ports. The results is same in all cases. "Cut" momentarily and reconnects.

My question is if anyone else encountered this and how did (if he did) fix it. Could it be some more general problem with software or it is (as I assume) some connection related? And if it is the second, would I need to check something else before going for a replacement of the ports module?

Reactions: AlperUtkuCeylan
Aug 6, 2024
Did you tried with a different phone?
Thanks a lot for your suggestion
Actually...I didn't o_O
I don't see a reason why the phone would pose a problem since it is working with no problem in all other connections (with chargers, computers, etc) but I guess it would be better to eliminate all other possibilities.
So will do and come back

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Thanks a lot for your suggestion
Actually...I didn't o_O
I don't see a reason why the phone would pose a problem since it is working with no problem in all other connections (with chargers, computers, etc) but I guess it would be better to eliminate all other possibilities.
So will do and come back
I had another phone before this one and the bluetooth was always disconnecting.

If the phone is Samsung you have to have a cable either from Samsung or a good brand. Many times the cheap cables from China don't work, this has happened to me. After that, if it still doesn't work, it must be the firmware, as I don't believe that both ports are broken.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2024
I had another phone before this one and the bluetooth was always disconnecting.

If the phone is Samsung you have to have a cable either from Samsung or a good brand. Many times the cheap cables from China don't work, this has happened to me. After that, if it still doesn't work, it must be the firmware, as I don't believe that both ports are broken.
It's not the bluetooth that's disconnecting (this part works great) but the wired connection
The phone is a Huawei one.
Regarding the ports, I don't expect both to be faulty but perhaps some circuitry/cables they might share could be a problem.
Anyway in the coming days I'll make the test with another phone you suggested and let you know how it went

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
It's not the bluetooth that's disconnecting (this part works great) but the wired connection
The phone is a Huawei one.
Regarding the ports, I don't expect both to be faulty but perhaps some circuitry/cables they might share could be a problem.
Anyway in the coming days I'll make the test with another phone you suggested and let you know how it went
I realized it wasn't the bluetooth but try with a good cable sometimes poor quality cables just charge or fail

AlperUtkuCeylan

Mar 6, 2024
Hi there guys

I have an Ibiza 2018, 1.0 115hp and from day one I got it (got it 2nd hand in 2020) have a problem with the usb ports (both of them)
Although in general work, both for charging phone and data connection (gps, etc) there is the occasional momentary cut of connection and reconnect.
I first noticed it as I was loosing gps screen and thought it might have something to do with android, program, etc. But then I noticed that at the same time it stops charging and reconnects within 1-2 seconds.
Since the way it goes would point me towards some slightly loose connection (am not mechanic or electrician) I already have tested different cables, tried to keep the plug firmly into the port or tried both ports. The results is same in all cases. "Cut" momentarily and reconnects.

My question is if anyone else encountered this and how did (if he did) fix it. Could it be some more general problem with software or it is (as I assume) some connection related? And if it is the second, would I need to check something else before going for a replacement of the ports module?
I have the same problem with my facelift 2021too. Tried diffirent phone android and ios and diffirent cables but couldnt solve it for a while and ı tried using adapter and it works perfectly. I am using type c to type a usb adapter.

Sep 10, 2024
I used to get this in my 2019 Ibiza - was a nightmare.. especially on car journeys and needing CarPlay.

I brought a 2022 FR Edition with USB-C last week and no issues so far. Although mainly used Wirelessly so far.

It's not the phone or cable, it did it on all different combinations for me!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.