• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Plastic Rattle / Creak Recommendations

Jan 14, 2023
Hello

I’m after a bit of advice on some plastic trim issues I’ve got in my VZ2 310.

I have a plastic creaking sound from the centre console grey trim (photo attached). I know it’s this particular part at the top as when pressure is applied to it the sound stops. It seems there’s a credit cards width gap which needs packing out to prevent it. Any thoughts on resolving this? The dealer have also looked at it and attempted using some silicone filler which hasn’t done the trick.

D4EBBE81-6714-400D-8107-3277CB971EAE.jpeg

I’ve also noticed a similar plastic creaking sound when turning the wheel at low speeds (eg when parking). Any thoughts on what could cause this?

I appreciate there’s lots of threads out there on plastic rattle issues, but I’m after some specific advice or thoughts on these two.

Thanks!

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
The cold causes all kinds of rattles. My car interior also has some rattling in the left front passenger side. So. be patient and it should go away in the next few months.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
The cold causes all kinds of rattles. My car interior also has some rattling in the left front passenger side. So. be patient and it should go away in the next few months.
My Octavia had this and got louder - turned out to be a loose air vent box.

Jan 14, 2023
Thought I’d provide an update on this as my VZ2 310 went in last week to try and resolve this centre console noise (it got progressively worse over time!)

They’ve fixed it and so far so good. They informed me that apparently Cupra released a “technical note” on this as a potential issue and provide service centres with the required fix if the problem presents.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members