P2016 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor

Sep 26, 2024
So I got called to my daughter's car (says it's mine but I can't drive any more due to meds).

ODBC shows Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor - the original fault was a flashing glowplug light leading to the MAP sensor which I replaced without having a computer to check. Cost me £30 but it's old so probably due for replacement anyway.

I can get the part (assuming that's what the issue is) but I can't find a "map" of the engine bay to show where it...

I understand this can also be triggered by the TPS (so many sensors!) which is a bind but the car is stuck in "limp mode" and my kiddo is driving me insane. Any help would be really appreciated. It's absolute pouring down (yellow weather here) and they are expecting me to work outdoors. So, I'm cold, wet and pretty cross with this whole affair - here usual garage told he nothing was up (or it was the DPF) so take it for a run.

And it breaks down, goes into "limp mode" and I get it in the neck. I hate being a parent some times. Cats are easier because they don't drive.

Seriously though, if I had any hair left I'd have pulled it all out by now.