Osram silverstars vs Philips Vision Plus

Xe

Thinking of getting one of the above, but is there really any difference between them? I don't know which to choose

...and what about the Philips X-Treme Power +80% :blink: Anyone have any info on them?

ROBD--M15RPD

Dec 5, 2006
Chelmsford Essex
I have just bought a set of osram silverstars and i would highly reconmmend them gives a really clear white light and really help illuminate the road at night so thats my opinon. Thanks

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Have used Philips GT150, Blue Vision Plus and Osram Silverstar. Too be honest they are all very good. I would probably go for the Silverstar giving the choice.

I have just fitted Halfords Brillance bulbs to my girlfriend's Peugeot as they were doing them for half price and am really impressed, reckon they are as good as the Silverstar. So worth a try if you can get them cheaply.

Rob

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Have used Philips GT150, Blue Vision Plus and Osram Silverstar. Too be honest they are all very good. I would probably go for the Silverstar giving the choice.

I have just fitted Halfords Brillance bulbs to my girlfriend's Peugeot as they were doing them for half price and am really impressed, reckon they are as good as the Silverstar. So worth a try if you can get them cheaply.

Rob

i got the Phillips Vision+ they are an improvement but i think my headlights are off alignment so have to wait till thats sorted to get the full benefit.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
But thats a test for a H4 bulb not a H7. Silverstars get 5 stars in the H7 + 50 test and is a quality bulb although i couldn't resist Philips BlueVision because i love the blue look bulb.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I have just fitted silverstars yesterday, only on dip beams, (H7). they have a better white light than stock, white lines look whiter compared to the stock bulbs. Will try the uprated H1's soon, although HID's would be the best option.

Xe

Do you guys think the Philips X-Treme Power H7 bulbs would be too bright? As I was thinking of getting these instead, but as nobody seems to have them in stock, might go back to 'Plan A' of getting the Silverstars or the Vision Plus

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
I got my headlamps re-alligned and are far better now with the Phillips Vision+ bulbs, occasionally folk flash as they think your on main beam....fools! so any brighter would be a pain for me.

Xe

I got my headlamps re-alligned and are far better now with the Phillips Vision+ bulbs, occasionally folk flash as they think your on main beam....fools! so any brighter would be a pain for me.

Did you have the Silverstars prior to the Phillips Vision+ bulbs?

t-"RACY"

My hubby fitted the Philips Blue vision ultra's to my FR W5W (side lights) H1's and H7's but to be honest I dont believe they are much different compared to the stock items

Apparently the high beam H1's are a pig to fit so my hubby tells me

Tracy

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
My hubby fitted the Philips Blue vision ultra's to my FR W5W (side lights) H1's and H7's but to be honest I dont believe they are much different compared to the stock items

Apparently the high beam H1's are a pig to fit so my hubby tells me

Tracy

I was is in the garage today and found a set of H1 Osram cool blue bulbs still in the pack, i had got them for my golf and they were a swine to fit so left and forgot about them, fitted them to the FR today to go with the Phillips Vision+ already fitted and they look good with the light blue tinge. when i looked at the lights and the access i thought they would be hard to fit but they were easy taking 15mins.so thats H1& H7 upgraded.7am start tomorrow so will have a try with the main beam see if there's a diff.
I noticed both OEM sets i replaced are made by Osram.