OSRAM Night breaker colour next to HIDs

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Hi guys and girls im after a picture of the OSRAM night breaker compared next to 6000k HIDs as im looking at upgrading my main beam and fogs to them, but want a whiter (if thats a word) light as my main beam looks really yellow next to my HIDs.

If any of you have any other suggestions/pics of main beam uprated bulbs next to HIDs this would be handy aswell.

thanks

Steve:)

Last edited:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
do you mean whats the colour difference next to each other? as hid in main shouldnt really be done but im pretty sure thats not what you mean. i like your new avater its a bit different from the last.

i mean HIDs in dip (already installed) and the OSRAM in main. What i want is a picture of the colour difference between a HID bulb and the OSRAM night breaker bulb.

O and my avater piccy was one from edition 38 (my friend just gave me the pics he took):lol:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i thought main beams and fogs where supposed to be more yellow to see better in the fog etc ? not 100% sure tho

You should not use main in fog for a start as the fogs reflects the light back at you. and i want the fogs to be a better colour match for photo's :)

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
ahh ok i never use my fogs any way just for flashing people [B)] but i see where your coming from would look better to be matching

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
HID Range Rover lights compared to Philips 80% brighter on the old Ibiza

DSC01334.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

AndrewFabia

It's similar...I have Nightbreakers on my Fabia and while the amount of light produced is great, it isn't actually all that 'white'. Bit whiter than stock.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i maybe able to take a pic for you later, but my camera skills aint great. The Nightbreakers are not white white IMO as they only part tint the bulb (presumably to let more light out)

I have HIDS4U Ultimate 6000K on dipped and Osram Nightbreakers on main, and the main looks very yellow compared to the HID but is brighter than standard.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i maybe able to take a pic for you later, but my camera skills aint great. The Nightbreakers are not white white IMO as they only part tint the bulb (presumably to let more light out)

I have HIDS4U Ultimate 6000K on dipped and Osram Nightbreakers on main, and the main looks very yellow compared to the HID but is brighter than standard.

Thanks for the info, if you could do a piccy for me that would be great:)

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
I'm at work, but I took a picture a couple of days ago when I put my new Night breakers in alongside my HID's

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
do you mean whats the colour difference next to each other? as hid in main shouldnt really be done but im pretty sure thats not what you mean. i like your new avater its a bit different from the last.

why not mister?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.