Oil Choice

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
anyone used ams oil or amsoil, used to use it in my old mk4 golf 20v on very high recommendation from a turbo tuner. it was £55 for 5 litres though.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
I will only ever use Millers competition 10w40. Thats for the road and the odd track day. I never see temps above 100 on the road and about 115 on the track. Thats without an oil cooler. If i start the time attack then i will go up to 15w50 and i will have the oil cooler on there by then. Millers is 3 ester wheras Motul is only 2 ester. I will say that the Motul stuff smells lovely!

I do not recommend the Halfords stuff. Used it before and it didnt perform well.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
A guy at work that runs a Westfield with the VX 2000 16V 150 engine tends to use one of Halfords fully synthetic oils as he read who's oil it actually was - and he uses that car for track days quite a bit. I can't remember what the company was - maybe Comma.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Yeah mobil 15w-50 is on offer in halfords at the moment for £38! my trade discount only takes it down to 36.47 because its on offer so doesn't seem such a big saving

oh and yeah halfords oil is made by comma

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just bumping this, i need to get some oil today so im limited really to what i can get.

Got a track day on sunday and a few coming up in the next month, should i go for the Mobil1 15w50 or is there anything else which i can get local to me which would be good enough?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members