Oh dear, my Turbo has popped !

JonnyTurbo

I'm not a happy bunny. :cry: The LC has been making a funny noise for little while which I suspect to be a leaking air pipe (http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89027)

But the other day I seemed to loose all drive. Limped home and call the garage first thing next day. I was now suspecting it was the clutch. Not long before reaching the dealer I saw a cloud of smoke, but that was only very brief.

Dealer took it out for a test, and after about 100 yards, it packed up. I just hope it'll be replaced under warranty.

Anyone any ideas how much it might cost if it isnt?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
if your turbo has gone, and they won't replace it under warranty (i said IF, they probably will replace it) I'd think about a bigger turbo.

No, not SOLELY because of the extra power, but also down to the cost. If you were to pay SEAT to swap out your turbo for a std one, you're looking at silly bucks - and for the same price you could get a hybrid k04 or maybe one of the ATP eliminators. According to my oldish version of ETKA the turbo for an AUQ engine is over £600 on its own, but then theres a second price of £1080, and i'm not sure what the difference is (suppose one might be a k03, one a k03s?)

Anyway, good luck and hope you get it sorted. A turbo going on a car that age sounds a little weird to me.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh, remap etc to suit the turbo would be required, but I recon the SEAT total cost (ie getting main dealer to swap original turbo out) wouldn't be that far off a reputable tuner doing an upgraded and remap at same time... labour would be cheaper for starters :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members