new tires

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
can people tell me the difference between running 205/45 17 and 205/40 17 coz i wana get some Yokohama Parada Spec 2 and there bout £85 for the 205/40 17 tires:D any help would be great

flashbsd

your speedo may be slightly out but nothing else will affect you.

I am buying 40 profile next on the 16's

mark65

Jun 18, 2004
Taller profile tyre and thats about all. Maybe a bit more sidewall flex but you might havse clearence probs at the back

flashbsd

EDIT: as you will have 17's with 40 profile, you may find they work out the same as 16's with 45's, so there may be no difference, 1 or 2 mph max

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
cu51pra said:
could i put 40s on the front and 45s on the rear so the wait is slitly transfered to the front wheels for 1/4miles?
nope, wont make any difference. for 1.4 milers to make any sort of noticeable improvement, you need around 25 brake extra, a slightly lesser profile makes $£$k all difference, illegal too if the car wasnt specced with those tyre differences too (rwd being the exception iirc)

flashbsd

i had 40's on the last car, and i found especially as they were extra load models, they didnt have any movement in the tyre wall! and i did dodge every hole in the road (still do with 45's) .

only thing i would say, you may loose any RIM protection edge on them as they get stretched further having a more rounded sidewall.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.